[Discussion] Soul Worker Story

• Betrayers army. For some reason I feel like that might be a rebellion. Holy ground looks like candus city.

And different story for 7th character... But would she still be starting in Rucco town?

• Betrayers army. For some reason I feel like that might be a rebellion. Holy ground looks like candus city.

And different story for 7th character... But would she still be starting in Rucco town?

That's a really good question, but chances are she will. I expect the entrance to be different though, so instead of Myriam finding her/him, he/she finds myriam(This is an example).

Regardless, I'm really happy they doing something different. I always wanted them to have different experiences.

dddd

• Woop it seems design has been finalized and ready for release in 6 months for KR if no delays. She looks a bit lewd, and i'm not complaining

• Woop it seems design has been finalized and ready for release in 6 months for KR if no delays. She looks a bit lewd, and i'm not complaining

6 months? That's pretty long huh. Their team must be really small which is understandable.

Either way we finally are able to see how she looks like. So, in the end, she wasn't human afterall? But what we thought was a short sword turned out to be a katana which reminds me of...

Image result for soul worker ravanRavan!

If her style is the same as his... Guess she will be my new main. It is quite interesting though, according to the video the new character might start coming from the Nihil Kingdom(?)

It is quite interesting that the character is actually a bashai. Considering that humans and bashai are at war, it will be quite interesting to see how the story will turn out. Chances are she will not start in the same town as the other Soul Worker. Keeping this in mind, it is reasonable to conclude why this is going to take half a year; they are making an entirely new story line for nonhuman characters.

Hypothetically speaking, after this first new character, we will see even more characters but with faster release. Similarly, they might plan to make 7 nonhuman characters in the opposite site. So something like this

Haru(DPS position) = New Character

Erwin(Range position) = ??? and so on.

I also wonder how they will call this character. As far as I am aware the name "Soul Worker" only applies to human characters with weapons. Maybe bashais have their own type of Soul Workers under a different name?

dddd

• Not sure what they will call a Bashai's weapon but it does seem that they have dedicated weapons. At least the bosses do. Kind of similar to soulworkers. So maybe they do have a equivalent.

As for Nihil Kingdom, I thought it was just a story faction and not a future playable one with characters.

Also With Bashai being available to play, I think that humans and Bashai will unite together in the future story against the deities. It's already clear that neither side actually wants this war. And it seems to be that Kent was the one that provoked it to begin with.

SO yea, pretty interesting.

I really liek teh artwork for the new character but I'll have to wait and see her personality.

• They will. Certainly. Don't you remember the end of Grace city?

Something like " I knew it... This war is pointless" from the assassin squad. Both of them (Human faction and bashai faction) are getting played(manipulated) by someone or a group behind the scenes.

Regardless, this is great news. We will be able to play nonhuman characters. Also, the new of the new characters according to Ryua Iris and source is "Chii Aruel"

Source: https://twitter.com/SoulWorkerGF/status/1086248071493832710

Edit: Quite offtopic but surprising to find this in GF SW Twitter when I couldn't find it on SW KR page... Something ain't adding up.

Found it on KR as well:

Edit-1: I found it on Korean forums and video

dddd

Edited 2 times, last by Silvery ().

• I was reading the story again but in Jin's perspective or parallel universe and found more evidence that Nathan is Tenebris.

-Jin asked Nathan if he was a Soul Worker because he seemed like someone who would be, then he denied it because he did not have the same energy that Maverick gave off. However, he also said that it was not too far off.

-The the detail that gave it away was when he started describing what seemed to be Rosca. He said "Her back lit under the sunlight and looked like she had absolute power." If I remember correctly, he also said that she came down from the heaven to judge him which could be describing how she appeared in front of him, "It is a pillar of light that extends to the sky that reflects in the vision of the eye. It appears without a predecessor, without sound, without meaning, as if it had existed from the beginning"

But there's one thing I have not mentioned(I think). When Kent "The world will end when the black dragon soars the skies" As far as I know we have yet to have any information about this dragon that Kent once mentioned, but for him to mention it(A God acknowledging the danger of such creature) seems to be quite threatening, perhaps the last boss?

dddd

• I was reading the story again but in Jin's perspective or parallel universe and found more evidence that Nathan is Tenebris.

-Jin asked Nathan if he was a Soul Worker because he seemed like someone who would be, then he denied it because he did not have the same energy that Maverick gave off. However, he also said that it was not too far off.

-The the detail that gave it away was when he started describing what seemed to be Rosca. He said "Her back lit under the sunlight and looked like she had absolute power." If I remember correctly, he also said that she came down from the heaven to judge him which could be describing how she appeared in front of him, "It is a pillar of light that extends to the sky that reflects in the vision of the eye. It appears without a predecessor, without sound, without meaning, as if it had existed from the beginning"

But there's one thing I have not mentioned(I think). When Kent "The world will end when the black dragon soars the skies" As far as I know we have yet to have any information about this dragon that Kent once mentioned, but for him to mention it(A God acknowledging the danger of such creature) seems to be quite threatening, perhaps the last boss?

Never played Jin's story so can't comment on that.

Nathan doesn't seem to be corrupted in the same way Ladi was though.

And he saw Rosca's back? Shouldn't she be facing towards them if she was attacking them?

• Well, we don't exactly know Tenebris's side of the story. So it might be a possibility. Plus lets not forget that Tenebris was close to Maverick who also saw her back.

dddd

• I thought Maverick was helping SFL while Tenebris was leading rebellion. So I would imagine Maverick being on the opposite side.

Lol I like her, she's apparently a clutz.

• I finally caught up to the actual story ( end of grasscover camp). So the guy with the fedora is actually Captain Veneris. Negotiator of SFL Orca unit and genuine Soul Worker.

The reason why Tenebris incited the war 5 years ago was because of Amad. Tenebris created the "Serenade" Guild which consisted only of Soul Workers. They also mentioned once about "bashai soul workers." The reason why that was it's because the SFL was using them as tools of war and nothing else and because Tenebris is the Soul Worker of "Moral Justice" it became an issue to him.

The founder of the SFL was the first Soul Worker(Forgot Name).

Amad also mentions that "This Woman(most likely Rosca) uses her power from earth, making the void grow" which also explain why the void became more active after the Serenade Guild vs SFL war

By the way, Captain Veneris is more of a diplomat than a fighter. "Orca" is an intelligence unit.

I should've caught up long time ago. Well now I am updated.

I thought Maverick was helping SFL while Tenebris was leading rebellion. So I would imagine Maverick being on the opposite side.

Lol I like her, she's apparently a clutz.

Forgot to add to this. Yea, she seems quite it. Tripping after saying all that, image the level of embarrassment.

dddd

Edited 2 times, last by Silvery ().

• Get hyped, new news for the upcoming character! New character arrives on FEBRUARY 25.

And the new character... is not actually a bashai but a souljunk cat inside a girl's dead body. what the actual ???

Soul junk name = Chii

Dead human = Aruel.

GG.

Alternate translation(s):

A small story that stood out of the Void

A soul junk who ate the body of a dead cat started to have feelings that could not be.

He wandered the streets questioning his existence until he met a girl.

The girl named Aruel found a soul junk in the form of a cat.

The girl named the cat "Chii"

Chii wanted to stay with the Aruel forever.

A soul junk who looked like a cat remembered herself, for the first time, as "Chii"

One day, Aruel was attacked by Soul Junks and died.

The cat approached the dying girl and wept over her dying body.

If I were human, I could save this child. I want to be a human and save this child.(Chii thoughts, probably)

The soul junk whose form was that of a cat was eager to save a human being(Aruel)

And by doing so, it became Chii Aruel.

HOQ's

--- Thoughts ---

These bring important questions: Can Soul junk transform into the things the ate, anything? Considering that this is a story that "stood out," these scenarios must be quite exceptional, but they do still happen. If they do transform, it seems that they gain their personality, as if it was an exact replica. If that's the case, then it makes me question what Souljunks/Souldregs truly are.

I'm also not quite sure if the girl is still alive. It could be Stella's situation where there are two people inside one or it could be just Chii. I add more tomorrow -

Edit: SW kr source: http://soulworker.game.onstove.com/Promotion/ChiiAruel/

Edit-1: Added alternate translation, somehow I was able to with good translation and proofreading skills.

Edit-2 &3: Fixed, removed, and added a few things.

Edit 4: Added HOQ's translation.

dddd

Edited 5 times, last by Silvery ().

• February Patch note By Ryua Iris

Chii will start in Candus city.

---- Thoughts ----

It makes sense for Chii Aruel to start at Candus City considering there is an epidemic of Soul Junks in there. However, it seems like the story will not be so different(?) Apparently, she will follow the same growth as other soul workers with some exceptions and additions. I was hoping for an entirely new story line, but that's too much to ask, so lets see how this plays out. Perhaps, we might be able to see CODE: QUEEN this time around.

I see that the purpose of this was to expand on the idea of who can become a soul worker, so I suppose this is where Chii Aruel comes from just like stated in the video. If that's true, then it would be fair to say there might be a bashai soul worker in the future. With that being said, I suppose anyone can become a soul worker as long as they have a "Desire" or "strong emotion" to do so. AI soul worker when?

Also, someone has to reply. I already have 3 straight post.

dddd

• Haven't replied in awhile because I've been somewhat busy.

So Stella's face is less derpy now... which is good, and more loli looking. Stella had always came off to me as the most derpy looking model.

As for the new character being a souljunk, that's a surprise given her clothing. Anyway, I'm not surprised that she became a human. In one of the side quest I think, it was noted mad Manic's eye was biologically a copy of the human eye. Luke briefly suggested that souljunk might be able to copy humans and wondered if they could gain human intelligence too.

As for transforming to the things they ate. Yes IIRC on bandit highway story quest, it was mentioned that the souldregs absorbed both living and non-living material and transformed themselves to it. Which is why you see rats, spiders and debris all being souldregs.

So If the souldreg absorbed a cat, I see it entirely logical for it to become a cat. But to gain intelligence, I think it was only suggested as a possibility by Luke. As for becoming human without absorption/eating, that's a new one. According to the story, the souldreg changed by sheer willpower alone and not by consuming the body of a human.

I'm very excited to play her, I always thought souldregs was just like dumb zombies... So I'm really curious how the story goes. The story should be quite different, although I assumed they probably would follow the same general route as the others.

Making even a single new starting map just for a single new character might be a bit hard for the small development team. Maybe if there were more souldreg characters in the future, then I can see a reason for it.

It would be cool to see more souldreg characters and potentially a future bashai character. I mean I always liked the idea of a separate faction, with separate starting zones, city and story. Where these factions are split until mid-game, where you can travel to all the maps.

• As for transforming to the things they ate. Yes IIRC on bandit highway story quest, it was mentioned that the souldregs absorbed both living and non-living material and transformed themselves to it. Which is why you see rats, spiders and debris all being souldregs.

So If the souldreg absorbed a cat, I see it entirely logical for it to become a cat. But to gain intelligence, I think it was only suggested as a possibility by Luke. As for becoming human without absorption/eating, that's a new one. According to the story, the souldreg changed by sheer willpower alone and not by consuming the body of a human.

Oh. I should start reading quests other than the main quest, but what about the personality part? Did they mention anything about it? What makes this special is that the souldreg inherit the cat's personality/feelings which is mentioned that is it exceptional.

I also wonder if this new character be in the same parallel universe as one of the characters? Considering she started in Candus, then what happened to Rucco in Chii story's line? Did Mad Edgar take over?

The first half of rucco is about the soulworker and its essence(the child), so is logical for this not to happen. However, the Mad edgar part should still happen even without the soul worker, doesn't it?

I know it started as an actual invitation and giving the soulworker a motive to go to where he told him, but he probably will find another reason.

dddd

• There's no mention of souldregs obtaining previous memories. So yea I think that part is exceptional.

As for Rucco town. I thought Mad Edgar only intervened because he saw the soulworker. I might be wrong though. Well I would assume the story to be definitely different.

I wonder though if she starts in Candus city, doesn't that mean she gets her own unique lv 1 dungeon mobs?

If that's the case wouldn't that mean she's not compatible to party with the other players? The others woyld be like 13-20+ while she's lv1...

Oh I also forgot to mention the Orca unit thing. In previous story quest, they only mentioned them as a elite unit. But yes they seem to go under intelligence and investigations and not combat. The new soulworker(the 3rd and final one known to be alive) is described to be a non-combatant and a diplomat. But I'm curious as to why a soulworker would not be able to fight... Did he lose his powers like Maverick?

Since soulforcers like Amanda didn't give her combat capabilities, I'm wondering if soulworkers are the same... And doesn't have to be combat orientated ability. If that's true I wonder what his ability would be... Something related to his job I would assume. Maybe suggestive abilities, mind control, illusions, or distinguishing truth and lies? or something.

• Well, I actually forgot to include something. If I recall correctly, Captain Veneris is the "Soulworker of Truth"(This is what I read in the videos of Dipluce Horizon). Just like the others:

Tenebris - Soulworker of Moral Justice (Or justice)

Maverick - Soulworker of Bravery

Jin - Soulworker of Passion

So, considering that, we know that the soulworker is the strongest when they lean towards that specific emotion. The more bravery Maverick has, the stronger he gets. I also noticed that the emotion said soulworker leans towards to is a huge part of their personality, so, for example, Jin being all passionate about saving others. With that in being, I assume that Captain Veneris is more stronger by finding out the "truth" through the Orca unit.and he has some kind of superior intelligence or talent at it.

I don't think he has lost his powers unless he is unable to "find the truth." He did mention that he has little experience in battle though. Plus if what I assumed is true, then he must have a great talent and high intelligent at what he does, so it'd be a waste to have a person like that in the battlefield.

Since soulforcers like Amanda didn't give her combat capabilities, I'm wondering if soulworkers are the same... And doesn't have to be combat orientated ability.

I think this might be it. However, we can clearly can see his weapon(Rapier) so he should have some combat skills.

dddd