[Discussion] Soul Worker Story

• Nobody has made the thread yet, so I decided to take over. Yes, I am still busy and will be; however, I had some spare time and wanted to share some new, exciting information! but first . . .

***This thread contains spoilers, proceed at your own risk***

Rules: Same rules as all usual threads: No spam, off-topic(Updates discussions are okay since it can be relevant), no NSFW, etc.

Spoilers Tag: If you have a relatively long paragraph, please use the spoiler tag. If otherwise, feel free not to use it.

The Main Post(this one) will be updated accordingly whenever I have time. I will try to merge everything we have discussed so far in other threads. So, at first(right now), I am only going to post only one thing.

-----

Army Vs Resistance has been translated by me(I am not Korean, I spent a lot of hours using google translator).

RyuA translations updated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zopdyEhLDh0

Translation:

dddd

Edited 3 times, last by Silvery ().

• lol, no one posted despite a discussion in previous topics.

So I finally got around to do Haru advancement quest. Haru said her mother was apparently sick. But she seem to not remember anything else about her mother or how she died.

"What are you talking about? My mother was sick..." Then the evil haru said her memory was altered.

So I'm a bit confused. She clearly don't remember her mother very well, but was her mother sick? Or was that some mind tricks after the void?

And if it was altered... then who is the person she thought was her mother? Or if only part of her memories was gone, then at what point does it start going blank. She clearly remember some things before the void.

• lol, no one posted despite a discussion in previous topics.

So I finally got around to do Haru advancement quest. Haru said her mother was apparently sick. But she seem to not remember anything else about her mother or how she died.

"What are you talking about? My other was sick..." Then the evil haru said her memory was altered.

So I'm a bit confused. She clearly don't remember her mother very well, but was her mother sick? Or was that some mind tricks after the void?

And if it was altered... then who is the person she thought was her mother? Or if only part of her memories was gone, then at what point does it start going blank. She clearly remember some things before the void.

Yea, I guess I should've initiated the conversation before I went out. Anyways I'll try to research and drop something every now and then.

Regarding your question, I made a theory about the void, I call it the "Void Curse." Here is a few quotes from the previous thread:

I believe her mother was constantly sick and that became one of the reasons why Haru wanted to become a Doctor. So, if you consider the theory to be true, then we can conclude that haru forgot the time she spent in there; however, this does not cover or include right before entering the void.

I am guessing there's one plot hole. If we recall correctly, at the beginning, Haru burst out of tears while recalling her mother after she rescued Miriam. That clearly indicates that she does remember her mother's death, so it is either one of these:

-Haru got over her mother's death. Her old self uses "forgot" to emphasize what she have done, to evoke a feeling of abandonment or betrayal, perhaps both. So when she says "you forgot" she is not saying haru literally forgot but rather she acts as if she did. In other words, haru does not care about her mother's death.

-There is a plot hole, bad writing.

-The story is mistranslated

I am going to go with the first one. The theory still applies since nobody seems to remember what they did inside the void other than former soul workers.

dddd

• I also came to a similar conclusion when reading the advancement dialogue. Haru wanted to be a doctor due to her mother's condition and probably wanted to help others like her. However I don't think Haru actually remembers all too well. Since When shadow Haru mentioned how Haru acted as if her mother was a stranger in which Haru acknowledges.

And I don't recall Haru crying after saving Miriam. Only time I actually recall Haru seriously crying was in the character selection an Catherine.

I'm leaning towards that Haru forgot the things that happened immediately prior to avoid and obviously the thigns inside the void.

• I also came to a similar conclusion when reading the advancement dialogue. Haru wanted to be a doctor due to her mother's condition and probably wanted to help others like her. However I don't think Haru actually remembers all too well. Since When shadow Haru mentioned how Haru acted as if her mother was a stranger in which Haru acknowledges.

And I don't recall Haru crying after saving Miriam. Only time I actually recall Haru seriously crying was in the character selection an Catherine.

I'm leaning towards that Haru forgot the things that happened immediately prior to avoid and obviously the thigns inside the void.

I will actually log in and make a character just for that lol. I'll get back to you after I get the picture.

EDIT: Guess I was wrong. She doesn't actually cry, but this:

harubeginning.png

Which really doesn't say much about her mother death...

Another thing that I overlooked is that Miriam mentions that there a two Soul workers in the SFL, but we have only seen one which is Maverick. So that does mean we still have yet to see this "Infamous Soul Worker" Miriam mentions about.

dddd

Edited 2 times, last by Silvery ().

• AH yes I do remember the two other soulworker. I actually do remember that as I found it particularly important story element. We have met Maverick. Before Grasscover, I always assumed Tenebris would be the other but since he's dead... guess not.

So far there haven't been any mention of the 3rd living soulworker.

I'm kind of wondering if said soulworker is working for the SFL. Miriam implies he/she is but in the video Maverick was the only soulworker defending against the rebellion.

According to Miriam in Iris's Rucco story, Tenebris led practically all the soulworkers in the rebellion, which seems consistent with the video.

Maybe its a soulworker that appears after the rebellion?

Oh BTW, while on the advancement quest, it was mentioned the fight with the Bashai started 10 years ago, so 5 years after the void, humans weren't fighting the Bashai. Which seem to coincide with what Wilba said early in the story about how negotiations fell apart. I always thought the war with them started alongside the void.

I have a lot of screenshots on the story dialogue, so I can always go back and check on things.

• Maybe its a soulworker that appears after the rebellion?

It is possible, but I would like to think not. The revolt was 5 years ago from the current time line, so if that were the case the Soul Worker would've been entirely a newbie, someone they couldn't depend on as heavily. To be someone as reputable as Maverick, you need more than strength and the title "soul worker." Accomplishments, reputation, and all that stuff matter since we are talking about a war - everything matter. But then considering the story of the main characters so far, I guess it is possible(?)

Perhaps, because of the annihilation of 98%(made up) of soul workers, there was a need for a new one to keep balance, thus "this" Soul Worker appeared. If that's the case, I'm guessing that soul worker was heavily supervised and disciplined to obey SFL's orders..

Oh BTW, while on the advancement quest, it was mentioned the fight with the Bashai started 10 years ago, so 5 years after the void, humans weren't fighting the Bashai. Which seem to coincide with what Wilba said early in the story about how negotiations fell apart. I always thought the war with them started alongside the void.

I have a lot of screenshots on the story dialogue, so I can always go back and check on things.

Yea, as you know they can communicate with humans, and we have yet to see the leader of the bashai. Regardless, it is the most reasonable and diplomatic thing to do than going straight to war. In the end, they both have a common enemy: Souldregs(I think(?) It should be). Nobody really has allies as far as I can recall.

On another topic, I hope tenebris comes back in Horizon Diplus or something happen.

dddd

• I don't know if anyone mentioned or not yet but at one point in the GCC story, Miriam asks you for advice about her "friend" being depressed because the one she was very close to doesn't remember her at all.

From the way she talks about it it's more than obvious that there's no "friend" here and it's about herself (Miriam) and the one who doesn't remember her is Tenebris. Basically this confirms Tenebris did lose some of his memories as well, and seems to completely forgot who Miriam was.

• I don't know if anyone mentioned or not yet but at one point in the GCC story, Miriam asks you for advice about her "friend" being depressed because the one she was very close to doesn't remember her at all.

From the way she talks about it it's more than obvious that there's no "friend" here and it's about herself (Miriam) and the one who doesn't remember her is Tenebris. Basically this confirms Tenebris did lose some of his memories as well, and seems to completely forgot who Miriam was.

If I am not wrong, she asks "What if tenebris doesn't remember her friend?"

From what I read, it seemed as if she wasn't sure if Tenebris remembered her, but did not want to interact with him because of that fear. However, I am not sure if she ever talked to Tenebris after that.

Regardless, I am not quite sure if Tenebris forgot, he probably did not though. We are talking about the Essence, the essence might be able to keep all memories of void(Not sure) and real life.

Souldregs(I think(?) It should be)

In the original Korean version they're called "Souljunk" while in ours the translators decided to calle them "Soulibaal" for some reason. Unless you're talking about somehing else that is.

:haru1:

I am talking about the mobs at Candus.

Rucco = manniquis, and low level souldreg(?)

Candus = Souldreg(?)

Grace City = banshais, robots at the end.

Ruin fortress = Blood Soul Worker and robots

dddd

Tenebris didn't forget. He never had memories of her to begin with.

Tenebris that she knew died. The Tenebris in the void, was his essence that seem to had always been in the void. He know nothing of the outside world. That's why he was surprised when he learned the Bashai was picking fights with humans... Or that his physical body died... or pretty much everything that went on outside.

It seems unlike the player, Tenebris essence never followed him out. Miriam probably noticed how Tenebris paid her no mind, and considering how he is supposedly dead, it make sense why she is worried.

• Now that you mention it, you are right. I totally forgot that he did not know about the Bashai war against humans. He really doesn't know much about the outside world; however, he did know that his physical body died. If I recall correctly, he even specified that he died 5 years ago, but I do not know if he knows why or how. To be honest, I might need to verify the exact thing he said since I can't accurately recall it, but that's not possible.

I mean, at least the essence had to be aware that his physical body was dying in order to separate from his physical form, right? Otherwise, it would mean that the essence are automatically send to the void after the physical body dies. This would indicate that there are lots of essence wandering around the void.

However, if we call back to the event of the past, Sin Worker event, they were inside the void and Miriam was with him. So even if the essence did not follow him or was aware of the other side of the world, he did meet miriam inside the void, perhaps?

It all comes down to how the essence and the soul worker connect with each other. I am not quite sure of how the Essence works yet, most of what I say is theories or guesses. All I know(which are theories) they are two separate entities, the Essence and the soul worker, and the essence is what separates Soul Worker from Soul Forcer.

It is also possible to conclude that the essence doesn't know anything of the outside because Tenebris or the soul worker is the one currently possessing the body. So, in other words, in order to be aware of whats going on, the essence have to possess the body. However, when the soul worker enters the void, the both share the same memories.

All we know for certain is that the essence swore to protect the soul worker. Other than that not so sure, what do you guys think? How does the Essence work?

dddd

• I believe the essence share the same memories as long it is in your body.

But for Tenebris, it appears they separated at some point. Also I think Tenebris probably learned about his death either by SFL members or some other means rather than actually knowing due to some connection.

1)As for the whole SinWorker video... I suspect Tenebris entered the void with Miriam and Kent but maybe his essence was never with him to begin with. The player had to save their essence from Kairon, so if Tenebris never met back with his own essence I suspect they never reunited regardless if he entered the void or not.

2)Alternatively, Tenebris did have his essence with him in the void... and Miriam is just too nervous to talk to a ghost of her obviously romantic partner(or crush if its one-way)

So far we haven't gotten any hints Miriam actually went to talk to him. Maybe he does recognize her which would mean that the essence was with Tenebris during the whole SinWorker thing.

3)A final possibility was that both Miriam and Tenebris was still in the void during that time. Catherine gets captured/sucked in void for few days. During that time they helped. Afterwards, Miriam got out first. So when Tenebris comes out, Miriam comes and heal him and reunite with a fresh start... and all that stuff in Iris's story.

• Another thing that always bothered me is the Grace City story overall.

At the end we see Godric (or whatever was the name of the NED leader) talk to Henrik, and it shows that he actually didn't betray the SFL as the SFL thought. And since Henrik was classified as a criminal even by the NED company long before we got to the betrayal part, I assume he didn't have access to all the important information such as the attack on that Firestorm Battalion main base. So my question is, who actually informed the Bashai of the SFL attack to ambush them?

I have a weird theory for it so let me know if it has any flaws. Seeing as how Amad has an evil side (obvious from end of current GCC story, he even says "should I call the SFL so you slaughter them" to Haru or something like that, thinking it was the old Haru), I was actually thinking Amad was the traitor back then in Grace City. The fact he insisted on coming along with you in that mission and only that mission makes it more suspicious to me. My theory is - he actually personally went and killed Medo's brother after you separated with him in that mission. That's why at end of Grace city he goes to Medo and offers him power, I think he wanted to make Medo suffer some trauma so he's more susceptible to Sin Force.

It's just a wild theory but what do you think?

• New pictures of the upcoming city: Diplus Horizon!

Seems its going to be some exciting stuff !

Regarding the other topic, I'll quote you guys back later!.

dddd

• I never thought NED was necessarily evil. And it does seem Godwin was never cooperating with Henryk at all, though I don't understand why he withdrew from West Cloudream instead of confronting the issue. I actually was more suspicious of SFL's high command. But Its only a conspiracy theory at this point. We know less about the SFL 'order of the highest" (or whatever they were called) than the NED.

Also I'm still wondering why Tenebris rebelled. Maybe some dirty SFL secrets?

I guess its because NED seems too obvious as the villain. Rawper also made good points, NED have nothing to gain in sabotaging humans. Its all about the business unless Bashai have lots of cash to offer. Honestly I think Grace city betrayal might not be tied to the Bashai all that much. Rawper admitted to working with the Bashai, but to what extent and around what...

NED is not in the clear but I just have a gut feeling.

I saw the KR announcement a few weeks back. Seems to be coastal town. I'm always curious about the airpower and naval power of the SFL.

From the pictures, it seem to be a giant capital ship with a mix of a carrier and battleship. Kind of like the Ise.

Also I think I see a DDG in the background.

EDIT:

Watch this video. Seems like a event???? But they are in a spaceship in space... You can see the planet and the sun.

Both are really big in the screen. The sun shouldn't look that big unless you are very close, but then the Earth wouldn't look that big either, or vice versa. Only possibility is if the Earth was close to the Sun. The world is ending regardless of the void at this rate :P

• EDIT:

Watch this video. Seems like a event???? But they are in a spaceship in space... You can see the planet and the sun.

Both are really big in the screen. The sun shouldn't look that big unless you are very close, but then the Earth wouldn't look that big either, or vice versa. Only possibility is if the Earth was close to the Sun. The world is ending regardless of the void at this rate :P

I can confirm they are on space. If you look closely at 2:56, for a brief moment, you can see Earth. However, I have no clue what's going on.

EDIT: More info - 10/8/2018 Patch note translated, once again brought to you by RyuA Iris

dddd

• On Monday I created a Jin-Twink and played with him the Rucco Story a little. There I found a interesting side info about Miriam. She told Jin, that she was in the void for 8 years.

That means, that she only spent 3 years in the human world (or outside the void) with Tenebris together (after she left the void) and experienced the Soul Worker rebellion. She is only a Soul Forcer, but I think, that she was feeling very conflicted at that time. Duty/Loyality for the SFL vs. the Love for Tenebris. I wonder why she didn't side with the rebellion. Because she was only a Soul Forcer? I can't imagine that.

I think there is more about Miriam as she let on about herself.

"This was all a cruel angel's thesis from the start..."