Able to turn off Censoring in chat? (merged topics)

• Hey al!
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask,
    But while the server is down, it does seem like the best time to get a question out of the way:

While chatting in the First town with some new friends,
    a lot of words were being censored, probably due to the censor being inclusive with most european languages,
    But having parts of words like "Peo" in People being censored, can make a lenghty conversation quite annoying to get through.

I had a quick look over the Options screen, but did not find an obvious option to turn of censoring,
    Is there one in game, or can this be scratched up as Feedback for a future patch? :)

Edited once, last by Jarlino: Edit: Edited the title to better fit what I'm asking for, rather than bigger boobies or panty shots~ ().

• As long as It's on a personal level, just so I don't have to see an entire constellation when I'm chatting with someone
    Is worth doing some Pagan rituals for!

• +1 I'm all for being able to turn off censoring, it's just annoying like let me say whatever the :!: I want to.

It's not like it'll affect others if they have the option to censor it smh.

jfuhqf.jpg

• I looked through all the config files I could find in the client folders and was unable to locate any settings for profanity filtering. I'm assuming the filter is server side; so perhaps a slash-command to disable?

I checked out the Japanese swiki and their wasn't anything about a profanity filter, but there was some mention of additional chat options available by right clicking the tab on the chat box. Could be a setting hidden in there?

• Why can we not disable this?

There is SOOOO MUCH censorship, you cant even say stamina, without being censored.

I tried telling my friend I had to go to class, but class is filtered because of ass? REALLY!? youve got lolis running around with panties showing, but you cant even say ass? I dont even know lol

• Any word containing those filtered words will be censored. Which is really annoying. You can't say People, Passives, etc etc. Some of these filters don't even apply to the server each one of us is playing. While amina is for Turkish, it doesn't apply to all the other servers and is just a nuisance.

Huge support

• Hello,

I think it's important to have a chat filter to moderate general language and also make people know what they are aloud to say and what not. However, the filter right now is not even perfect and as said, has so many words that need to be whitelisted. Lets just wait and I am sure they will keep adjusting it until we have a very precise chat filter.

Rhaegal.

rhaegal_sw_by_esmeraldagio-dchw67s.jpg

• I'm ok with chat filter as long as it's not too intrusive. The one we have as Rhaegal said has too much blacklisted words that it hinders a good chatting experience.

• Hello,

I think it's important to have a chat filter to moderate general language and also make people know what they are aloud to say and what not. However, the filter right now is not even perfect and as said, has so many words that need to be whitelisted. Lets just wait and I am sure they will keep adjusting it until we have a very precise chat filter.

Rhaegal.

why not just make an option to turn profanity filter off? some people dont really care what people say. and those easily offended just leave it on?

• Seems like a lot of weird words are censored through the filter. Japanese and People prime examples.

Discord: Shinuchan#8343
    Feel free to add me, I'm relatively friendly.

• Hello Shinuchan

Your thread is merged with other similar one.

Before opening a new threads look if there is a discussion already going on about your questions.

Regards,

25arp26

sigarp_zps76a4a02e.png

CIRCUMFLEXTWENTYFIVEARPTWENTYSIX!

• Why are so many words censored? When I started playing I couldn't even say the word "people" because "peo" was censored for whatever reason. The word "server" is still censored. and then there's just other random words that have no reason to be censored. I see random words get cut off by "***" all the time. This game clearly isn't for children, so why is there so much censorship in this game? Atleast give an option in the setting to turn off censorship.

• Hello,

Rhaegal.

I agree with what FBIWatchList says, atleast add an optional setting to turn off the filter, we aren't a bunch of toddlers playing an anime game. We don't need curse words censored. Most games with a filter have an option to turn it off, it shouldn't be that hard. It seems a LOT easier than making a whitelist of words that wont make children's minds explode. like the worst word of all... "server". Yeah, you guys did a good job on censoring that disgusting word.

• Exactly. Not to stomp on the staff's parade here but there are those of us here that are 16+ and are adults who can make our own decisions (and have credit cards which can give you the publisher money since CHILDREN that this is meant to protect cant legally have cards; appeal to adult audiences... Plus Loli chars but no option to opt out of censorship... Eh...). Plus this forum has things on it that would fall under that censorship; so either limit the censoring and give people the option to uncensor or censor everything... You can't really have it half way; its either an all ages children's playground or its not. Plus... Not everyone here is NA-sensitive. Half the world has much worse than "censored ass" on cable television and the school bus.

Regards,

Atsumari

█ Discord: atsumari#0001 | Twitch/Steam/Youtube: atsumari █

█ I am a former GM/CM/IT Support for a small publisher; advice I give is from my experience █

"A name is only as important as the person it describes... so when someone asks for your name you know you're important." - Hoshi Ki-Kari

“You thought the world would be better off without you... I understand that now but you know it’s not true... The world is better with you in it.” - Yukari Solaros