NA server DOWN AGAIN!

• [NA] Tenebris: "Oh look, PhoenixShi is trying to be active again, better shut down for up to fourteen hours again."

That's what it always feels like. It was acting up some for a while, and I was getting worried, then sure enough, it just died again.

Please at least give us the free option to transfer to the EU English server Candus, or just give up on that mess of a server Tenebris, and move everyone to Candus, or a new English EU server. Candus is far more reliable, and I can't really see any performance difference when I've played on it, other than its up, even when Tenebris is playing dead again.

• [NA] Tenebris: "Oh look, PhoenixShi is trying to be active again, better shut down for up to fourteen hours again."

That's what it always feels like. It was acting up some for a while, and I was getting worried, then sure enough, it just died again.

Please at least give us the free option to transfer to the EU English server Candus, or just give up on that mess of a server Tenebris, and move everyone to Candus, or a new English EU server. Candus is far more reliable, and I can't really see any performance difference when I've played on it, other than its up, even when Tenebris is playing dead again.

The server doesnt target you, nor does failforge, though i see your point ina broad sense, its just failforge draggin their feet and purposefully trying to kill off soulworker, like usual. the server probably wont be back up until later. Dont expect failforge to care about the problems because they only view us as statistical cash flow assets, not people.

Loves acting like a Neko:love::P:)

• I'd like all of you to understand that GameForge is a German company.

Either NA server management must be dedicated to some other companies, which works with GF as to setup / maintain them
    OR it is managed by GameForge who doesn't have the same timezone as you guys do. And of course, if it is 2 A.M. GameForge won't be able to turn back on servers within the hour. People who'se job is to take care of that have job hours, as everyone does.

Insulting GameForge won't solve the problem, just try to be as patient as you can, I know it's been a lot of downtime and you guys are suffering them a lot. Just try helping GF then ;)

giphy.gif

Læk, Erwin 60 / Élia, Stella 55 / Naïah, Haru 60 / Læradr, Lily 55 / Pyk, Jin 57 / Yakusei, Iris 55 (Rucco-FR)

Un problème / une question sur le jeu ? Viens nous rejoindre sur notre discord ici !

Demande un SoulHelper et nous essaierons de t'aider du mieux possible ;)

• I'd like all of you to understand that GameForge is a German company.

Either NA server management must be dedicated to some other companies, which works with GF as to setup / maintain them
    OR it is managed by GameForge who doesn't have the same timezone as you guys do. And of course, if it is 2 A.M. GameForge won't be able to turn back on servers within the hour. People who'se job is to take care of that have job hours, as everyone does.

Insulting GameForge won't solve the problem, just try to be as patient as you can, I know it's been a lot of downtime and you guys are suffering them a lot. Just try helping GF then ;)

I get that, and have said different times how this seems to be the only NA server they're running for any of their games, as such it makes sense that it will be the more problematic server, and dealing with problems would take longer. Although, the fact remains that the NA server is frequently having problems, when all the others are fine, then I see no noticeable performance difference between playing on an EU server, and playing on the NA server when it's working properly, other than that the NA server is all to often not working properly, or just plain offline. It's been months, the situation isn't getting any better, so I would much rather they just transfer us to a more stable server, either Candus, or a new one for the current NA server.

I said that's what it "feels" like, so of course I know they're not targeting me. Then people quitting due to the instability of the NA server doesn't help they're cash flow any, and as it does seem to be the only NA server, for any of their games, it would seem likely that running it is costing them more money, than just hosting NA players, on an EU server, both in terms of maintenance costs, and lost revenue due to unhappy players as a result of this recurring issue. The mere fact this issue barely gets any posts anymore suggests a general lack of players to make such posts.

• Transferring you to another server would be terrible for most of you, approaching 200 ping for the best connection, even more for the lowest !

Would be unplayable

giphy.gif

Læk, Erwin 60 / Élia, Stella 55 / Naïah, Haru 60 / Læradr, Lily 55 / Pyk, Jin 57 / Yakusei, Iris 55 (Rucco-FR)

Un problème / une question sur le jeu ? Viens nous rejoindre sur notre discord ici !

Demande un SoulHelper et nous essaierons de t'aider du mieux possible ;)

• Transferring you to another server would be terrible for most of you, approaching 200 ping for the best connection, even more for the lowest !

Would be unplayable

I'm in the NA, and have played on the English EU server Candus some, I honestly can't tell the difference, other than that Candus is up, when the NA server is down. Also there's various people in the NA that play very ping dependant online games hosted in places like Japan, or South Korea, which are even further away.

Would be unplayable

I'm in the NA, and have played on the English EU server Candus some, I honestly can't tell the difference, other than that Candus is up, when the NA server is down. Also there's various people in the NA that play very ping dependant online games hosted in places like Japan, or South Korea, which are even further away.

That ish you, not everyone has the same connection as you. i have problems wif ping even on the NA server, because my net ish the trash scam artists at&t and ik im not the only person wif at&t on the NA server, and before you say "well switch to a different isp." i cant, the trash ish the only one in my area, otherwise i would have already switched and not had to put up wif their scam artistry for the last 6 years. I mean, there are others that just as bad as at&t, so its not as easy as you think. It also depends on location within the continent, so it may very easily result in an unplayable game for those others if this merger was ever to come to pass. i do understand your reasoning, but pushing for an eu server merge may or may not cause even more problems for others (depending on several factors) and just solve your issue, which is (correct me if im wrong) being unable to play on the NA server due to the host of issues that failforge has shown nuu interest in fixing permanently and just patch fixing, perhaps due to not caring about the NA server, and you wanna play the characters youve put your time and work into(which i fully understand).

Also, to Pyk, the timezone of the server has absolutely no bearing on the host of issues failforge refuses to actually fix. The only thing that even brings the time zones into the the mess ish when the servers are able to come back up. The crashing, lag, server going down, etc are all caused by inept recoding and either deciding not to test, (or failing to test properly) the new updates and patches to even see what they will do to the overall game. The game ish severely unstable, it still crashes(now without an error message), lags, ignores skills, causes people problems wif damage and armor calculation(sometimes damage just ignores armor completely and not just % based damage) and a host of other issues, which are caused by failforge messing with the code of the original game to make things harder for us, reduce drop rates, and other shady practices that are only used to try to make the players more dependent on the cash shop, which they practice shady dealings in as well in the form of not standardizing prices for even the same areas, there was a post on this very forum(though idk if its still up or if failforge took it down to remove the proof of their shady practices)that showed different prices for 2-3 different users in the same country (wif the same currency exchange rate) for the same amount of soulcash and even worse rates for the same amount between differing countries that was not concurrent wif exchange rates for currency. These shady practices, recoding, and other tinkering they do with the game ish only geared towards one thing, how to milk as much money from the players as they can. We are well aware its a german company, but country of origin doesnt matter for greed, ineptitude, or shady practices, so no i will not stop complaining about failforge, will not be patient and wait, nor will i feed their greed("helping" them) because nothing will be done about it ever if i was to do what you say to do. The only thing that will be done if we were to "help" them as you say and feed their greed ish the problems would continue and they would simply pocket the money or put it elsewhere, probably not even into anything relating to soulworker.

Edited once, last by Selilinya ().

• Well if its costing them more money, that would explain why its the only server having the issues. They want to kill it to keep more money. So that would mean these problems are purposeful, not due to ineptitude. Just another shady practice from failforge, the EA of the MMO genre.

Would be unplayable

That ish you, not everyone has the same connection as you. i have problems wif ping even on the NA server, because my net ish the trash scam artists at&t and ik im not the only person wif at&t on the NA server, and before you say "well switch to a different isp." i cant, the trash ish the only one in my area, otherwise i would have already switched and not had to put up wif their scam artistry for the last 6 years. I mean, there are others that just as bad as at&t, so its not as easy as you think. It also depends on location within the continent, so it may very easily result in an unplayable game for those others if this merger was ever to come to pass. i do understand your reasoning, but pushing for an eu server merge may or may not cause even more problems for others (depending on several factors) and just solve your issue, which is (correct me if im wrong) being unable to play on the NA server due to the host of issues that failforge has shown nuu interest in fixing permanently and just patch fixing, perhaps due to not caring about the NA server, and you wanna play the characters youve put your time and work into(which i fully understand).

Also, to Pyk, the timezone of the server has absolutely no bearing on the host of issues failforge refuses to actually fix. The only thing that even brings the time zones into the the mess ish when the servers are able to come back up. The crashing, lag, server going down, etc are all caused by inept recoding and either deciding not to test, (or failing to test properly) the new updates and patches to even see what they will do to the overall game. The game ish severely unstable, it still crashes(now without an error message), lags, ignores skills, causes people problems wif damage and armor calculation(sometimes damage just ignores armor completely and not just % based damage) and a host of other issues, which are caused by failforge messing with the code of the original game to make things harder for us, reduce drop rates, and other shady practices that are only used to try to make the players more dependent on the cash shop, which they practice shady dealings in as well in the form of not standardizing prices for even the same areas, there was a post on this very forum(though idk if its still up or if failforge took it down to remove the proof of their shady practices)that showed different prices for 2-3 different users in the same country (wif the same currency exchange rate) for the same amount of soulcash and even worse rates for the same amount between differing countries that was not concurrent wif exchange rates for currency. These shady practices, recoding, and other tinkering they do with the game ish only geared towards one thing, how to milk as much money from the players as they can. We are well aware its a german company, but country of origin doesnt matter for greed, ineptitude, or shady practices, so no i will not stop complaining about failforge, will not be patient and wait, nor will i feed their greed("helping" them) because nothing will be done about it ever if i was to do what you say to do. The only thing that will be done if we were to "help" them as you say and feed their greed ish the problems would continue and they would simply pocket the money or put it elsewhere, probably not even into anything relating to soulworker.

Do you throw extra letters into words on purpose? It doesn't look good, and certainly doesn't make reading what you say any easier, and for that matter, makes me, as well as likely others, less interested in reading what you wrote.

Your theories into what the motivations of others are just make no sense, you need to stop, they're not helping you any. Ranting about how everyone is trying to scam you, and other unfounded theories make me even less inclined to read what you wrote, as you come off as one of those crazy conspiracy theorists. If you keep that up, I'll just ignore your posts all together. Then the US has never had the best Internet on a whole, but changes made by your current Trump administration to related regulations likely didn't help any, which in turn makes things worse for anyone not in the US trying to connect to servers in the US as well.

Then even when I'm playing on the NA server, there have been plenty of times, especially lately from what I've seen, where things were acting up, mobs suddenly moved from one place, to another, attacking in a direction other than the one they're facing, and so on. On the EU server, it plays well, I suppose there may be some issues, but no more than what I'm seeing on the NA server, the key advantage being that it stays up, while the NA server keeps going down. Also, have you even tried to play on Candus, or are you just making more uninformed assumptions?

• adding letters to the end of my words is a habit im finding hard to break, and your the only one thats even mentioned it in a negative way(ive actually been told its cute), so from my view, you just wanted an excuse not to actually read my post. i gave you legitimate reasons as to why the server merge would be bad for a lot of players. I also didnt "rant" about how "everyone is trying to scam me" i was talking about at&t, a single company, which when a company doesnt provide what their customers pay for, that is scamming. Two sentences is not a rant by the way. Also for the record i didnt vote for trumps silver spooned idiot ass, and i think hes putting my country into an even worse state then it was. I also stated what many people on NA view failforge as and why they do these things or refuse to fix the problems, i didnt say "this is fact" it is my opinion. obviously you didnt read or even look for the post i mentioned in mine, because you labeled it as "unfounded", when it has a basis in someones research or my own personal experience with the game. also i may make assumptions and may be wrong, but taking certain sentences, or pieces of sentences and then assuming that thats whats the post is about, which is what it looks like you did, is not gonna make your point valid. Yes, i have a jaded view on things, and yes i see the worst in companies, but calling me a conspiracy theorist, really? that makes me think that you just dont like it that im not agreeing with your server merge. Also a little fun fact, the backbone of the internet, until recently was all in the usa, and the usa started the internet, so "never had a good connection as a whole", you obviously dont know how the internet was started. The one who has unfounded or uninformed assumptions is you. One other thing, i honestly dont care if you read my posts or not, because you are not obligated to respond to them, nor even read them, that is your choice, but dont take bits and pieces and try to summarize my post based on the bits and pieces you find the most disagreeable and then generalize and make them more of a blanket accusation like you did with the "everyone is scamming is trying to scam you", read the entire post if your going to read it.

Edited 7 times, last by Selilinya ().

• Your posts are just plain hard to read, aside from those extra letters to some words, everything is one big paragraph, among other issues. What little else I felt like trying to read from that mess also showed you just don't seem to understand what is being said, as what you said could even work to prove the points I was making. I just don't feel like dealing with you anymore, go on with your conspiracy theories, wild accusations, and giant block posts if you want, I won't read them, or even see them.

• adding letters to the end of my words is a habit im finding hard to break, and your the only one thats even mentioned it in a negative way(ive actually been told its cute)

Well then let me mention it as well. I ignore everyone who does not put effort into writing something. It's not cute, it's disrespectful to those who have to read it. In a forum there is one simple rule for a text to be recognized: Keep it short and simple.

Anyway, funny how this still isn't fixed. Well, I don't like to deal with games published by GF for a reason...I wouldn't be affected, but still.

On and my theory is that GF is just unable to handle, eh... anything... quickly. In fact I say they are not able to satisfy the expectations of "modern gamers/customers" with their current policies.

Edited once, last by Nitros ().

• First of all, i do put effort into writing my posts, yes i have "block paragraphs because i tend to be unsure where to make new paragraphs, thats really it.

As for the second point, i would agree.

• I'm reminded of all the times I've seen posts by people where English wasn't their first language, that profusely apologize if anyone has problems reading what they wrote, only for the post to be pretty much perfect English. Spelling, punctuation, grammar, with full sentences, no run on sentences, and complete words, it's all quite good, and easily understood. Then I see all those posts by native English speakers where it's full of spelling errors, poor grammar, improper punctuation, poor formatting, littered with abbreviated words, and maybe even the odd made up word they came up with themselves.

On these types of forums, I'm not going to go around treating each post like a writing assignment to be marked, and will be forgiving of errors, as I know there's posters where English isn't their native language. Although I also expect a certain amount of effort to be made.