The state of the game - The Population(New Players)

• The game is not just losing its current players, they are also losing possible new players. The old and current players have become inactive for variety of reasons and continues to be that way. We started with an average of 5,458 active players and it went down to the low 900s.1 To remove players that came out of the controversy because the game failed to keep them, I'm going to say we started at an average of ~2,000 active players. Even when cutting down the average number by more than half, it is incredible to see that we went down to low 900s. There were many reasons of why this happened, but I'm going to address one of of the main reasons that is affecting the new upcoming players: Leveling. When I say leveling I don't mean the difficulty but how long it takes to level up. It does not feel natural at all. Leveling should not be a task, but a path to get to the main core of the game. Soul worker was never meant to be a leveling game of any sort. There is already a grind you have to do when you reach cap level. Going back to the first few months of the game, there were a lot of complains about leveling taking too long.2 There were mixed opinions too, but it should've been taking into account. Even recently, there is still complain about it.3 There were even some that said it would kill the game.4

There are a few things that I would like to address before I proceed any further: There are a lot more casual/moderate players than hardcore players.5 The average hours spent in online gaming is less than 10 hours weekly.6 The amount of time, considering you play 5 to 7 hours a day, to reach lvl 55 in Soul worker is at least 2 weeks(70-98 hours, 35-49 hours weekly). If the average hours spent weekly is less than 10 hours, then that would mean that an average player would take more than the triple time to reach lvl 55 in Soul Worker.

As you increase in level it gets longer. For the sake of this, I've gathered some data post-level 55. It starts at ~3% per dungeon at lv 55 then decreases down to ~1% at lv 57. Usually main quest would fill 30%-40% of the player's experience. If that is true, then you would have to do at least 60 dungeons to level up at lv 57. If a player takes 4 minutes flat, then it would take 240 straight minutes to level up from 40%. However, due to energy system, it only allows you to do 11 runs if it requires 18 energy. If the item that recovers 100 energy is used 3 times(limit), then you would have ~27 runs, 108 straight minutes. Using additional items would only increase the time spent. Regaining energy from those possible items increases the time spent and money wasted. This also can frustrate players because the amount of experience received is not "equal" to the time they spent. From a casual/moderate perspective, this is game is not friendly towards them considering that Soul Worker is a game whose core revolves around grinding at the end. In result, some new players are finding this unpleasant and tiresome making them quit halfway.

With all that being said, it is quite frustrating and disappointing that nothing has been done to address this. For the current players this might not look like a big deal, but for newcomers it might be. There are also a lot more issues to address that is making the current players to quit which is clearly not a good thing when we are also killing newcomers. At this rate, we will truly reach the death of the game.

dddd

• Hello Silvery ,

we are closely monitoring the leveling process in SoulWorker and we've already had certain adjustments in our version. However, this is still an open topic in our agenda and we are currently working on it together with Lion Games, in order to introduce further changes in the near future. :)

..She threw away all of her masks and put on her soul..

• For me leveling was the fun part of the game. Still don’t understand why players want to be Endlevel that fast. A bit grinding is nothing to complain about. If you dont like to grind, then you are completing wrong in this game bcz later it’s grind-festival.

266.gif

Server: Lakashin | Guild: Exiled | Stella: OneLove | Discord: One#3432

I'm, I'm...I'm drawing SoulWorker-Characters aswell. Look here: MY DRAWINGS!

AND I have a Stella Guide (only german *sad*) too!

• I honestly feel as though the leveling isn't as bad as other MMOs that i have played before.

Personally, its the players and the community's gestures as a whole as to why they stop playing.

I cant tell you how many times a day i hear "dead game" or "this game is dead" when it hasn't even been given the opportunity to grow yet.

Ship that through a new players ears and they'll stop playing. yet, if you see them and offer help and show them the correct way as well as help them learn about the game. That in itself will inspire them to keep playing and to tell more people about it.

~IMO BTW

Screenshot_95.png

• i never find leveling hard in Soul Worker

although i wish there is a power level system in place

since i cannot help my best friend to level her Iris at lv40 when i'm capped ;(

plus i help out other players to hit 57 from 56 at Grasscover Camp whenever i see the opportunity

threea

ty for looking into further enhancements with Lion Games

for the time being, can we get our remaining advancements asap?

our region is the only one that is VERY BEHIND BY 3 ADVANCEMENTS

i do not want to wait till May 2019 to get Iris advancement

pls hurry it up

xkznh3.png

Lv1 [SoraMetca] Lv60 [SoraMitsuka] Lv60 [RemGalleu]

Tenebris Server

• Hello Silvery ,

we are closely monitoring the leveling process in SoulWorker and we've already had certain adjustments in our version. However, this is still an open topic in our agenda and we are currently working on it together with Lion Games, in order to introduce further changes in the near future. :)

It is always good to hear from the staff. At least we know that you are looking at our feedback.

For me leveling was the fun part of the game. Still don’t understand why players want to be Endlevel that fast. A bit grinding is nothing to complain about. If you dont like to grind, then you are completing wrong in this game bcz later it’s grind-festival.

That's mainly because the endgame revolves around grind. The game does not start until you reach said level. That's why players "rush" so they can start to have a feel of what the endgame is like. However, by doing this, you are killing them before they even arrive.

Personally, its the players and the community's gestures as a whole as to why they stop playing.

I cant tell you how many times a day i hear "dead game" or "this game is dead" when it hasn't even been given the opportunity to grow yet. Ship that through a new players ears and they'll stop playing.

I agree with this. Most can be due to that. The issue is the that the people that found leveling tiresome were backed up by big influences(Youtubers for example(I won't name)). One of the top complain in these named videos or threads was leveling. You can see for yourself by doing some search.

However, simply because some say that the leveling is not as bad as other MMOs, it does not mean we should discard it. It does not make our feedback invalid. By any means, those named MMOs have and will not have anything to do with Soul Worker. As you can see, this complain does not come from one, but from multiple players. There are mixed opinions about the topic as I previously mentioned, but there should be a middle ground both parties can agree on.

dddd

• Well I'm a casual player of Soul Worker for me the leveling seems slow before I get blasted for it, hear me out.

I main Jin and it took me since his release to January to get him to level 57. I sometimes play 3hrs a day even more on a weekend and sometimes I'd do a dungeon and it feels like I got no exp. This like level 40+ around deep core and you do feel like you are not where the action is. Somehow you manage to scrape to lv 55 you are in a place where you gotta solo the raid dungeons cause people hardly party.

So a slow leveling curve at a certain point added to drop rates added to limited time and no auto party. It kinda does get frustrating. Even if its a grind game it feels like I'm going pretty slow, hell, I used to play warframe and I used to feel like I'm making progress in anything I put my time into. Cause nothing is more funny than grinding a dungeon for a weapon drop blueprint, finally getting it, then boom, its not for your Character. :jin1:

• SolPaladin

i'll be happy to help with rookie raids or Grasscover Camp dungeons after lv55

i know how hard it can be sometimes for new players to clear harder dungeons or to lvl to adv lvl

ofc, my offer to help is not just for u, i'll be happy to help out players when they do need =^.^=

plus i can complete my Grasscover Camp progress and get that free full skill reset ticket :*

xkznh3.png

Lv1 [SoraMetca] Lv60 [SoraMitsuka] Lv60 [RemGalleu]

Tenebris Server

• Dont forgot the people who got their account blocked due to IP restrictions.

Love from SEA.

:lilly2:[Na]Guild:Restart

Account blocked Hoping one day Gameforge will Unban Me

Stalking forums since: March 2018-Present

• Leveling is a ploblem? I don't think so.. Yes, it's hard, but as result of your "top" - few dungeons. That's the main problem.

In this beautiful game not enough high-content(pvp/pve). I want in order to add in the game another locations, more dungeons, more pvp content.
    Now we have interesting arena and when you win, you'll get a coins for pvp armour and...pvp armour for this arena omg -_-
    Make arena 1x1, 3x3. Make open pvp place (as event for example), another items for craft and etc. That're not enought in this game really

Edited 2 times, last by AlDemic ().

• In my opinion I don't see levelling up that hard. And no, I don't play day and night without anything else to do, also it's a Mmo so things usually take time. But yeap, if it is that big of a issue, just survey the people and let them decide

• - Make Bad decison in Beta

- No Guard for Cheating

- Painfull drop rate at begin ( is still the case for some item )

- 3mouth per update

- GachaHell ( 2000$ limited card and 200$ outfit )

- OverPower P2W Broches ( Assasin )

- Never fixing Bug ( But i can undersatand why )

- Borring PvP ( Some char are clearly more effective than other )

사공이 많으면 배가 산으로 간다

Edited once, last by End ().

• In my opinion I don't see levelling up that hard. And no, I don't play day and night without anything else to do, also it's a Mmo so things usually take time. But yeap, if it is that big of a issue, just survey the people and let them decide

They have ways of monitoring the players, apparently. So that won't be needed.

dddd

• For me leveling was the fun part of the game. Still don’t understand why players want to be Endlevel that fast. A bit grinding is nothing to complain about. If you dont like to grind, then you are completing wrong in this game bcz later it’s grind-festival.

The worst part about leveling is that how the quests get broken up and force you to go back to areas you've already cleared, thus a waste of a limited resourse (Energy). This was done by design, either by Liongate or GF. You run a couple of the main story quests, then you have to grind out a level or two in the previous content (blue quests), and repeat this process until you're out of energy.

Leveling to 55 (now) shouldn't be a hassle, it should be a smooth process to get the player base into the grind for the advancement for their class. While leveling, the blue quests you get should match up with the main story such that you can access each of the 4 areas without having to go back and grind through the previous areas. Back when the game released, this staggered method of leveling and being starved for Energy is what turned me away. Haven't seen anything different since coming back.

The worst part about leveling is that how the quests get broken up and force you to go back to areas you've already cleared, thus a waste of a limited resourse (Energy). This was done by design, either by Liongate or GF. You run a couple of the main story quests, then you have to grind out a level or two in the previous content (blue quests), and repeat this process until you're out of energy.

Yea, that is true. Early days(beta) I did play SW that was a big problem. After you run out of energy, you would sit on mat and wait, so you can go on with questing. And these mats werent free, you should buy em with SoulCash. After that, GF did implement free mat & free energy-multivitamin. But.. ppl still didnt stop to complain about its energy-system (GF is not to blame for, it's LG). Now, if you're low lvl, you will get much more exp while doing an area and also doing much more dmg compared to the past. Even though it was hard in the past.. for me it was best part of the game, how I said before. Don't complain and enjoy, really. I'm now max lvl with like 5 chars and it's soo booooring.

266.gif

Server: Lakashin | Guild: Exiled | Stella: OneLove | Discord: One#3432

I'm, I'm...I'm drawing SoulWorker-Characters aswell. Look here: MY DRAWINGS!

AND I have a Stella Guide (only german *sad*) too!

• U should get a group of friends to level up with . Like when u start at rucco , talk and speak with other new players and team up with them and help them . A bit of role play and such would get them into the game right ? If new players find themselves alone at lvl43 and have yo level up alone then they give up after some days .Keeping players is up to us old players.... But when people use megaphone and say BSW (burning SW) is better than GF and go play there or things like these... what do u think the new guys do ? leveling system is actually not really that bad anymore. u level up and reach Grace city in a really short time . isn't that good enough ? From grace city players should really find some guilds to join and get some help. I also think that it'd be great if there'd be some changes in blue quests and in fair play . "Why is it that some people reach +9 in 70 tries and I'm stuck at +6 and +7 after 250+ tries? ". I nay also quit this game cause of this . -_-

:jin3::iris1::erwin2::stella4::lilly1::haru2: