A Growing Feedback Thread to Provide to the Soulworker Team for the Benefit of All

• threea  Albus

Whether you guys have the ability to provide feedback to the team who watches over Soulworker. Or... If you guys will respond to the thread that would at least show you guys are watching :3

If you two can provide feedback, it would also be a good step to showing communication between the team and the player community.

I am not here to cause any negativity, just here to see a favored game have more positivity in the community and show pride in playing the game designated to their region.

I am one of many who care a lot about Soulworker. I would like to hope you two are as well. This may also be one of many threads that provide feedback, but that's going off topic. I want to see Soulworker EN/NA/EU step up the bar and at least make some progress to being on the level Soulworker JP or KR is.

In the light of wanting to reach above goal, I want to amass all the feedback into a main thread (this post to be exact) where it will continually grow based on what players would want to see implemented. I would rather not see our Soulworker viewed as the laughingstock of the bunch, and if you considered it from the team's perspective, I doubt they would want their reputation to be the black sheep as well!

There will be three different categories: General Feedback, Cash Shop Related Feedback, and Game Related Feedback.

Update: I have set each category under a spoiler to keep things.. more organized or readable per say. So if you want to read a specific category, like the Cash Shop related, you can just expand the tab and read through that.

Update 2: Would like to thank everyone and the SoulWorker Team for keeping check on this thread. I hope this encourages players to provide more feedback (that is reasonable for both sides)

If you are viewing this for the first time, please be sure to read through! If you like the feedback provided, like the post to give this thread more of a push for the SoulWorker Team to continue looking to~

General Feedback:

----------------------------------------------------------

Cash Shop-Related Feedback:

Game-Related Feedback:

Feedback That Has Been Implemented!:

Soulworker Team Responses!:

Feedback/Requests That Have Been Confirmed:

Feedback That Has Been Declined:

Feedback Request To Be Determined:

If you guys (the players), have more feedback to provide, list them in a post. Keep this in mind though, that it can't be completely player favored. Provide a reason for Gameforge to want to consider these things.

Complaining about so and so being unfair or what not won't solve anything. So in this case, telling them to remove said wheel won't exactly happen. Instead, we need compromises. I feel adding the limit to the wheel to get what you want is a solid compromise, but if not, this is where we need to work together on that.

Whether you agree with the above or not, you are free to provide it. I am only one player after all, but the points I have listed were discussed with other players to try to reach middle ground that could potentially be a win for both Gameforge and the community. A key point in any success business is communication is key. I stress that last part heavily for very obvious reasons. No communication? Discontent players and what not.

Also, please keep this civil. I would like an active communication between the Soulworker Team and the community to be a positive one. It's gotta be a two-way road after all.

:stella1:

Edited 51 times, last by Socie: Further additions added to feedback. ().

• Feedback? It's probably best at this point for all who haven't gotten the memo yet. Jump ship to a different server or just forget about the game in general.

There's no point in making lengthy threads like this anymore. This game was great. Had lots of potential, but I doubt there's anything more that can be done. I doubt the people in charge care enough to change what's wrong either. The whole reason fortune wheels probably exist is out of desperation to turn more profits in a game that isn't marketable for reasons x y and z. The issues with the servers aren't being fixed either because no one really plays, so why bother? Why the hell are we making compromises? The players just want to play a game and let off stress after dealing with crap in the real world. If they're not willing to change the core elements of which is making this game fail then let them kill the game. This isn't just directed at Gameforge either. Liongames's is 50% at fault as well. They should have done their research to see what type of company Gameforge was and withheld the rights from them. The things Gameforge does or doesn't do Liongame's should have told them to not do it. I'm not sure what server(s) hold most of the 1.4k potentially 2k daily players, but it sure isn't NA like most people claim. There's quite literally no reason to even play anymore considering the fact that future content requires pre-made parties, and there's only about what appears to be 50 players on at any given moment on NA. At this rate... people will be stuck with Altar of Void gear for probably 2 years or more due to the lack of people playing. Positivity? I was very optimistic in the first 6 months of the game despite the game constantly crashing, the toxic community that excluded other players, etc. At this point... I'm pretty much fed up. I don't care if a game has loot boxes, I don't care if I'm the last person playing in a dead game. I don't care if content is slow. All I care about is being able to play. I can't even get that ONE thing that should be a given thanks to all these performance issues that are never addressed. Took 6 months for the crashing issues to be fixed. Gonna have to wait another 6 or more for the performance issues to be resolved now? You check other servers there's frequent maintenance to keep the server healthy. I've played on Japan and Burning and there aren't or very minimal performance issues. Nothing too game breaking. Here on Gameforge though there's performance issues everywhere. A lot of which are game breaking. They bring the servers down for maintenance on Gameforge about every once a month? For what? What do they address or fix? Servers still crash every other week. Game still has fps issues. Spikes every time you do something. They don't even have the audacity to tell us what it was for in detail. So really. What's the point?

threea  Albus 

• Feedback? It's probably best at this point for all who haven't gotten the memo yet. Jump ship to a different server or just forget about the game in general.

There's no point in making lengthy threads like this anymore. This game was great. Had lots of potential, but I doubt there's anything more that can be done. I doubt the people in charge care enough to change what's wrong either. The whole reason fortune wheels probably exist is out of desperation to turn more profits in a game that isn't marketable for reasons x y and z. The issues with the servers aren't being fixed either because no one really plays, so why bother? Why the hell are we making compromises? The players just want to play a game and let off stress after dealing with crap in the real world. If they're not willing to change the core elements of which is making this game fail then let them kill the game. This isn't just directed at Gameforge either. Liongames's is 50% at fault as well. They should have done their research to see what type of company Gameforge was and withheld the rights from them. The things Gameforge does or doesn't do Liongame's should have told them to not do it. I'm not sure what server(s) hold most of the 1.4k potentially 2k daily players, but it sure isn't NA like most people claim. There's quite literally no reason to even play anymore considering the fact that future content requires pre-made parties, and there's only about what appears to be 50 players on at any given moment on NA. At this rate... people will be stuck with Altar of Void gear for probably 2 years or more due to the lack of people playing. Positivity? I was very optimistic in the first 6 months of the game despite the game constantly crashing, the toxic community that excluded other players, etc. At this point... I'm pretty much fed up. I don't care if a game has loot boxes, I don't care if I'm the last person playing in a dead game. I don't care if content is slow. All I care about is being able to play. I can't even get that ONE thing that should be a given thanks to all these performance issues that are never addressed. Took 6 months for the crashing issues to be fixed. Gonna have to wait another 6 or more for the performance issues to be resolved now? You check other servers there's frequent maintenance to keep the server healthy. I've played on Japan and Burning and there aren't or very minimal performance issues. Nothing too game breaking. Here on Gameforge though there's performance issues everywhere. A lot of which are game breaking. They bring the servers down for maintenance on Gameforge about every once a month? For what? What do they address or fix? Servers still crash every other week. Game still has fps issues. Spikes every time you do something. They don't even have the audacity to tell us what it was for in detail. So really. What's the point?

threea  Albus 

Not to be rude, but if you can use paragraphing it would make it an easier read.

I too have stuck around for the past year to know it takes a long time to get any resolution done. I've tested other servers, but when there is a language barrier that kind of defeats that purpose of playing in my opinion.

The only thing we can do as players is to provide sound reasoning and hope it gets pushed towards the team. That's all we can do honestly. It's why I made this thread in hopes it will be acknowledged.

I'll keep promoting this in hopes it does. The least you and other players with the like-minded idea would be to support the cause. I've monitored the forums over the years to know its constant complaining, but out of all the threads, only 40% of them actually provide grounds or logic for them to understand why we complain.

I'm not arguing with you that they have made poor decisions, but we got to put some effort ourselves even if we decide to move servers.

• Hello Socie,

Needless to say that all the feedback from you is collected and discussed internally, we really take into account all the opinions and we always learn from them.

Regards,

Albus

albus-2-by-esmeraldagio-db3usqz.jpg

• Hi Albus,

It's great to know that feedback is collected, and I am happy to see you respond to this thread : )

But do you think we can get more ground on communications and maybe even a roadmap on the changes to come? The playerbase is worried as it is.

I know it may be busy over there, but just as having happy employees means higher morale for the company itself, that too applies for the player-base. Happy player-base means more potential revenue for the Gameforge because people will be willing to spend knowing the company is providing a good service. If we can at least start with growing on the communication part, this would at least give the players relief that something can be done or there is hope for us.

Now implementing changes based on the feedback would be even more of a way to step up the bar, but so far a lot of the feedback hasn't been addressed based on the threads I have looked through.

A roadmap can ramp of anticipation for everyone and give them at least an idea that something is coming to prepare for instead of being in the dark, it decreases satisfaction for the game and then people eventually give up. I have made the point that the game's player-base is the lifestream with how transactions are made, if Gameforge knows this or the Soulworker Team, they shouldn't be letting this happen.

I heard a lot of various things concerning Gameforge's model, but I would prefer not to see it always be that way. Can we work to make Soulworker that one exception?

I speak from experience on this, and have done a lot of research on other online game communities, and even assisted in projects for one of said companies. It really would be a way to improve the situation if the Soulworker Team would at least tell the community what is happening. Show care for the people, a lot of people already were dismayed at seeing Nyoka leave, but you and threea can step up to make things better. Even if there is an NDA in place, the player-base has the right to know in some way. We want this game to be a success and bring more players in to enjoy a great game.

• I hope this thread will continue to grow and establish a fundamental ground to work on communication issues. I too love this game and would like to see an improvement on the communication part. So let's keep this thread constructive and fair like Socie mentioned.

Personally, regarding the game, something similar like a Roadmap, other games have would be helpful. It does not have to be detailed, just letting the community know: "we will be working on content/issue x and should be coming out around/be resolved by y".

Many people are interested in upcoming changes like Advancements or the new character Chii Aruel KR will get soon. Having said Roadmap and maybe having it updated every 1 or 2 months would not only help keeping the community anticipated and interested in the game (Higher overall Population than intervalls when Big Update comes) but also establish trust that issues are being worked on.

I also pretty much agree on everything Socie said in her first Post. Those are good proposed changes and I hope we can change the game for the better together, even if it is little by little.

Hopefully we can create an active Discussion with @threea, @Albus and receive some information from their side.:jin1:

:jin4:

• Updated feedback:
    Added:
    - FOT and BSK Brooch: Inferior added to Grutin Shop

SIN too and we need to add FOT and SIN at raid drop

사공이 많으면 배가 산으로 간다

-The first one GF lover xoxoxoxo :saint:<3:love:

• Updated feedback:
    Added:

Just a question about SIN actually. I heard SIN was exclusive to our servers... Is that true? I heard KR had dropped SIN altogther?

• Updated feedback:
    Added:

Just a question about SIN actually. I heard SIN was exclusive to our servers... Is that true? I heard KR had dropped SIN altogther?

Hmm you seems to be right i dont see SIN broch on KR

사공이 많으면 배가 산으로 간다

-The first one GF lover xoxoxoxo :saint:<3:love:

• Updated feedback:
    Added:

Hmm you seems to be right i dont see SIN broch on KR

Either way, I can see it as a potential good idea to have the brooch drop in raids.

Update:
    Added feedback:

FOT, BSK, and SIN Brooches: Inferior added to raid drop list

Whether you agree with this reasoning which I explained in the post, feel free to let it be known.

After all, It is always best to have more feedback regarding the stuff listed.

:stella3:

• As am I! Be sure to like/support the main post since it gives the SoulWorker Team more of an emphasis to look to.

And once again, if there is feedback you wish to provide (anyone is free to post it long as it has merit!), or wish to debate against some on the main post, that is what this feedback thread is for.

:stella3:

• hello, here are my suggestions:

1- add a way to top up from the client itself instead of logging into the game.

2- knight costume to be purchasable from the cash shop and not tied to a wheel.

3- UI revamp hopefully soon!

4- increase DZ drop amount

• I placed your number 3 as the number 6 from gameplay feedback. I do hope to see the revamp as well!

#4 of yours I would hope the team can look to implementing the trophy drops which sell for a varying amount of DZ. I believe should help combat the issue. That would be #9 from the Gameplay feedback section. #1-3 can also be a potential to resolving the issue.

For #1, that would be interesting to see. Although I am not sure they would be willing to do so when the first option to top off seems to work already.

Plus, I think it would be hard with the whole steam integration...

#2 for knight costume. It would definitely bring some positivity if it was placed on the shop for a flat amount for direct buy.

After seeing what happened today, a lot of people didn't seem to take likely to the flower outfits being an rng box.

:stella4: