To Soulworker Team : Regarding Server Merge and NA

• threea

Celes

Since the announcement of the server merge details by threea on Jul 24, concerns have been raised by the community about NA being left out in the cold and excluded from the merge.

Two threads in particular were made focusing on this issue :

Bad news for NA?

🦘 Characters Transfer 🦘

The first asked for the option for players to move their account to EU.

The second asked for the option for char transfer to EU.

Both threads had tagged threea, but neither has been answered or replied to. I notice threea has been MIA from the forums since Jul 24 and Celes appears to have taken over the announcements, which is why I have tagged both of you this time in case threea may be on vacation or reassigned.

Some sort of reply would be nice. In particular, what was the reason for excluding NA from the server merge? I am on west coast (furthest away from EU in NA) and have no problem playing on an EU server, so lag is not really an issue. Even if it was, you can still give us the option to move as suggested by the 2 threads I've linked.

Please don't stay silent on this issue. Speak with us.

• This is a serious issue right now. I've been logging into both servers to compare metrics at different times throughout the day and EU has to be like 90% of the population while NA is a ghost town. This is really unfair for NA players who don't mind playing on EU. I have no ping problems to the EU server as well and would have no problem with an account transfer or merge; in fact I would prefer it.

If we don't get an answer soon I'm starting a another thread with all of the comparison screenshots of the N search and how many market pages for different items between the 2 servers. EU's search is larger than a page while we're lucky to even have 2 parties DURING GRONCO BUFF. As of writing this EN has 116 PAGES OF BROOCHES while NA has only a mere 6!!!!! The difference is insane and it's terrible that we were excluded like this and now being ignored.

What bothers me the most is that Gameforge already knows the statistics. They knew prior to the merge that EN already had a higher population than NA and that NA was in greater need for a merge than EN but they merged the entirety of EU anyway and did absolutely nothing for NA.

This cannot continue to be ignored and absolutely must be addressed.

• Some NA players like myself still have a thin thread of hope that something will be done about low population, they log on for 90 min to receive daily login rewards and maybe do the bare minimum of the summer event.

BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO DO WITH NO PLAYERS AROUND FOR GROUPS.

Some used to still log on to refresh their market listings, but they've stopped doing that since no one checks market. Instead they post on discord because players don't even want to spend the effort of logging into NA.

This situation will only get worse if left as is.

:lilly2::lilly2::lilly2::lilly2::lilly2::lilly2:

• Hello!

Yes, im agree with all of you. Server NA need help to find party or play with someone (Skyclock Palace for example) you have to apply ''n'' two times and wait around 1 hour to find 2 players. And i'm talking about the raid more difficult in the game.

Aov has the same problem, how GF think the new players would play Aov/SkyClock Palace if this people can't find party? I't can make a problem. Because while some players got all equipment from this raids, the other people 70% will be without get their equipment cause they cannot find group. And then, only some people will play the new lvl 65 and raids.

I wish server NA/EN can be merged, or at least, character transfer to play with people without lose the progress and our main character.

Thank you all!

• I think they kind of screwed up not including NA in the first merge to start with. If character transfers were a thing EU would go from 90% to 99% (hyperbole) leaving no point to NA server's existence. Meanwhile getting another server merge ready would take ages considering the trainwreck we just had.

• Since most of GF staff are on vacation right now they probably need 1 month to reply and another month to consider and another month to implement it, if its positive.

everything will come to an end~

• Gentlemen, you are all mistaken. Initially, the merger of the servers was supposed to solve the problem of finding a group in different raids, but also reduce the cost of the company to support all languages and different servers. But the problem in finding a group was not that there were few people, but in relation to other players. Let’s take the “AoV” dungeon as an example, but now it’s hard to find a group as before ... (not always of course, but the problem remains), since dressed players can safely drive a player or even two dressed in simple equipment of level 60 (not even Outfit of the golden citadel). But this is rarely done. Now it’s the same ... and here is an example with me ... threw a request to the group on 'AoV' where it was not required to open a profile or special equipment. They accepted me, after the leader asked me to show weapons ... I answered no, and I was simply expelled from the group. I think everyone now realized that merging does not solve the main problem, but only a lot of new problems have been added.

• Gentlemen, you are all mistaken. Initially, the merger of the servers was supposed to solve the problem of finding a group in different raids, but also reduce the cost of the company to support all languages and different servers. But the problem in finding a group was not that there were few people, but in relation to other players. Let’s take the “AoV” dungeon as an example, but now it’s hard to find a group as before ... (not always of course, but the problem remains), since dressed players can safely drive a player or even two dressed in simple equipment of level 60 (not even Outfit of the golden citadel). But this is rarely done. Now it’s the same ... and here is an example with me ... threw a request to the group on 'AoV' where it was not required to open a profile or special equipment. They accepted me, after the leader asked me to show weapons ... I answered no, and I was simply expelled from the group. I think everyone now realized that merging does not solve the main problem, but only a lot of new problems have been added.

No, and next time you want to join a party meet their requirements instead of trying to sneak in (that's bad etiquette). You also obviously do not know how dead NA is and I suggest you refrain from posting again as you're clearly unaware of the situation.

No, and next time you want to join a party meet their requirements instead of trying to sneak in (that's bad etiquette). You also obviously do not know how dead NA is and I suggest you refrain from posting again as you're clearly unaware of the situation.

I guess I'll add you to the blacklist. Do not get it wrong I would not want to insult you, or try to prove to you that you are a stupid person. But I want to say right away that I didn’t write anything about your NA server, because I don’t play on it. In general, I pointed out the lack of server merging on the issue of group search. And as for etiquette, you probably don’t know that, before hiring, you negotiate all points with the employer. Simply put, before signing the contract, you stipulate all the conditions. In your opinion, after I get a job, the employer has the right to add new items or requirements to me after signing the contract where everything was agreed. Simply put, I pointed to your logic, thereby confirming that you are just an idiot or a stupid person. According to your logic again, if I apply for a group search as a leader, I can set requirements for those whom I have already accepted. I’ll clarify neither what I wrote in the search for either the equipment requirements or the level of equipment sharpening. And then he accepted and I say the leader, give me 1 million each. You yourself understand that, write about some requirements or etiquette. If I need to find players with certain parameters, I indicate this in the group search. I hope the players who read my comment will understand. I hope that everything will be fine with your NA server, but a convincing request if you do not understand the logic or the essence of the comment itself does not need to be nonsense.

I guess I'll add you to the blacklist. Do not get it wrong I would not want to insult you, or try to prove to you that you are a stupid person. But I want to say right away that I didn’t write anything about your NA server, because I don’t play on it. In general, I pointed out the lack of server merging on the issue of group search. And as for etiquette, you probably don’t know that, before hiring, you negotiate all points with the employer. Simply put, before signing the contract, you stipulate all the conditions. In your opinion, after I get a job, the employer has the right to add new items or requirements to me after signing the contract where everything was agreed. Simply put, I pointed to your logic, thereby confirming that you are just an idiot or a stupid person. According to your logic again, if I apply for a group search as a leader, I can set requirements for those whom I have already accepted. I’ll clarify neither what I wrote in the search for either the equipment requirements or the level of equipment sharpening. And then he accepted and I say the leader, give me 1 million each. You yourself understand that, write about some requirements or etiquette. If I need to find players with certain parameters, I indicate this in the group search. I hope the players who read my comment will understand. I hope that everything will be fine with your NA server, but a convincing request if you do not understand the logic or the essence of the comment itself does not need to be nonsense.

Your logic is that with more people to play with it's harder to find a party? That's one of the most ridiculous things you could possibly say. Then you call me stupid? Go away man. There's a reason in your 43 posts so far you've only ever received 2 likes: nobody agrees with anything you post.

As I already said, you have NO IDEA how dead the NA server is right now. To come in here arguing against a merge because you got rejected from a party on a 20x more populated server is insane. AT LEAST YOU COULD FIND A PARTY TO GET REJECTED FROM!!! Just stop. It's not helpful and you're just insulting the handful of players who got left behind in a dead server wishing they could play with the rest of the population.

• Hello everyone,

the physical location of the servers (EU-NA) is not the same: the EU server is located in Central Europe and there is a dedicated server for NA, which is East coast located. If it moved, this would mean that there will be an immediate consequence - much worse ping which would affect most of the NA users.

We are evaluating the situation in general, but we cannot tell or promise you that a merge for NA or the possibility of a character transfer item will ever be available in our version.

..She threw away all of her masks and put on her soul..

• Hello everyone,

the physical location of the servers (EU-NA) is not the same: the EU server is located in Central Europe and there is a dedicated server for NA, which is East coast located. If it moved, this would mean that there will be an immediate consequence - much worse ping which would affect most of the NA users.

We are evaluating the situation in general, but we cannot tell or promise you that a merge for NA or the possibility of a character transfer item will ever be available in our version.

NA players are aware of consequnces though.They would gladly take worse ping for more players.

19462.png[Animefox] lvl 60 Lilly

[AnimeFoxy] lvl 60 Stella

[Delightfox] lvl 52 Erwin

You realize when you know how to think,

it empowers you far beyond those

who knows only what to think - Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Hello everyone,

I appreciate the response but it's extremely worrying that no action may be taken and NA players are being completely cast aside and ignored.

So the people with thousands of hours and possibly even thousands of dollars invested in their NA accounts can't be given the customer satisfaction of at least a server transfer? Is this really the right way to treat dedicated players/customers? You're basically saying our only option is to start an EU character (or go to that other server) if we wish to actually play on a populated server? With the kind of investment many of us have put into our NA accounts that is not a reasonable option. As someone so heavily invested in this game I would expect better treatment than this :(

Also as many of us have already stated, while in theory ping could be an issue, in practice it is not. I say this from personal experience of playing around on EU servers. And really ping is a poor excuse to leave us hanging like this stuck on a dead server with no hope to escape.

Edited once, last by Keita ().

• I really hope they give us a solution.

By leaving NA out of the server merge, it has created a lot of problems.

-The market is dying.

-New players can't find partners to play together. Which makes them stop playing.

-The team search is completely empty. Almost nothing applies to people who need help. This makes it difficult for players to progress.

-Most of the players have gone to the private server.

-All cities are empty, you only see people during buff time.

-Many guilds have died, making their members look for another guild to take refuge in, to progress or to get a group for aov.

A lot of people I've talked to, agree to merge us with the US server. They agree to have a little more ping to at least be able to play with more people.

I hope they stop ignoring this problem

• NA server have other name “Deadserver”. Market ded /ppl leaving/ no party for raids....haha... I got full +9 / full tera bsk,sin brooch set / almost all akasha cards (excepted new one) and just doing newbie support lol

• The market is dying .... I went to the NA server 15 minutes ago and there the EC is at 31m and we have at 30m. Tell me why your server is dying .... even if you set prices higher than ours. Beginners do not have to linger for various economic reasons. If your server is dying, then for whom such high prices? There are no people ... or then you sell gold on different sites.

• Hello everyone,

As I mentioned in my original post, I am on the west coast, the furthest away from EU and I do not have lag problems playing on the EU server. I barely notice any difference in gameplay. You are basing your decision on imaginary problems rather than real ones.

Have you guys actually done any testing to conclude that our game play is negatively affected (by the increased ping) to such a degree that warrants our exclusion from the merge? Or was it just an assumption? Was an entire region excluded from the merge and left to die because of an assumption?

What is a REAL problem is the inability to find groups due to low populations. You guys are basing your decisions on an imaginary problem that has little affect on our gameplay while ignoring a REAL problem that greatly affects our gameplay.

Feel free to delete this next part of my post if you feel it's necessary. But you can see youtube videos by MMOByte playing Soulworker on a FR based server and MMOByte is from Australia, much further away from EU than NA. Do you see them lagging? (You guys should know MMOByte cause you guys paid/sponsored them to do a video for Guardians of Ember.) The problem you speak of is a non-issue for this game.

Edited 7 times, last by FunStuff ().

• You don't have the slightest clue how markets work do you? You might be able to find ECs on both servers for around the same price but NA has ONLY 21 ECS ON THE ENTIRE MARKET RIGHT NOW while EU has 6 PAGES worth of them. If I wanted to fully reroll a single piece of gear for good rolls there is not enough ECs on the NA market to do so. That's seriously bad. There's also only 8 pages of brooches on NA but 94 pages on EU (yesterday it was 6 NA 116 EU). To say NA isn't dying is either you outright lying or you really don't know what you're talking about.

Proof:

NA

F6PiL6y.png

T2sWJkU.png

EU

BF2j52x.png

PlPftks.png

• threea Im from Spain and im playing on NA server since beta. My ping is good i dont see difference. Anyway i dont care the ping, i only want play with friends on EU server with my NA account because NA server is dead.

So, please, Merge NA with EU. <3