Lua100.dll

• I've had this problem for a week or two now. When trying to start the game from either the launcher or via Steam the error message "Cannot find 'lua100.dll, Please re-install this application" appears. However this lua100.dll file is in the game directory but it's acting like it's not there. Support has told me many solutions that came to no effect like:

Updating the sound drivers.

System Scan.

Verify integrity of game files and repair.

Start the game as an administrator.

Synchronise system time.

Reinstall Visual c++.

Update Graphics Drivers.

Install the game somewhere else.

Flush DNS.

Disable anti-virus.

Check if the TCP ports are open correctly. (I don't know how to do that)

And then they told me to do this - Install SoulWorker via SteamStart the SoulWorker Steam clientQuit the SoulWorker Steam clientStart Soulworker via the standalone launcher

None of these have currently worked so I have come over to the forums for advice... Help

• Well, if anything that the support told you to do have worked, I don't think that someone else in the whole forum will really help you to resolve your current problem (Also I don't think that the TCP ports will affect the problem of your lua dll, but I can be wrong).

If you didn't try before, I can propose you to install the game using the Gameforge launcher, but if you already have an account bounded to Steam, with some progression done, you will cannot retrieve your progression on the Gameforge client account (you will have to restart from 0). Maybe this will fix your problem, but I'm not sure.

And if you've already tried... Then rip I guess xd

*Lonely lunar nekomata*

-------------------------------------------

Achievements : 483/492

F2P cards : 498/614 | Limited : 1

Unique/Legendary items owned : 629/632 (119 items +9) + 40/41 jewels

• Well, if anything that the support told you to do have worked, I don't think that someone else in the whole forum will really help you to resolve your current problem (Also I don't think that the TCP ports will affect the problem of your lua dll, but I can be wrong).

If you didn't try before, I can propose you to install the game using the Gameforge launcher, but if you already have an account bounded to Steam, with some progression done, you will cannot retrieve your progression on the Gameforge client account (you will have to restart from 0). Maybe this will fix your problem, but I'm not sure.

And if you've already tried... Then rip I guess xd

Thanks but I've already got the game both installed on the gameforge launcher and on steam. I also haven't been able to start this game at all so I don't really know what it's like to play...

• Did you happen to be updating or file checking and shut it down before it was done before this incident happen?

Ok,before we try anything,if you haven't tried a reboot,yet,you should try it now and see if it works.Sometimes system gets drunk all of a sudden and needs a reboot to wake up.

Well,I have an idea and I'm not sure if it will work or not but you can try those suggestions:

If you already did the first 2 suggestions I'm going to mention,you can skip them and go straight for 3 and 4 but its preferable if you try again.

1-Try a file repair from gameforge launcher if you're using gameforge version not steam version.

2-If you use steam version, right click Soulworker in your steam game list to open menu then choose properties from menu.Now, Soulworker properties (steam) interface should show up so you need to choose "Local Files" tab.There you'll find a button named "Verify Integrity of game files".You click that and let steam do its thing.

3- If you use gameforge version and file repair didn't work,you can try this:

Go to your gameforge launcher folder (For me, its located in C/Program Files x86) and see if it has that lua100.dll file and if its in your soulworker folder but not in gameforge launcher folder then copy paste it to gameforge launcher folder but don't replace anything.

If its in your soulworker folder but not in gameforge launcher folder then copy paste it to gameforge launcher folder but again don't replace any files.

4-It might be abit risky.
    First,copy the loa100.dll you have and put it somewhere else as backup then delete it from game folder and try step 1 or 2 (file repair or check for integrity) to see if the file check/repair can redownload it for you in case the loa100.dll you have currently is corrupt.

I'll put screenshots for first 2 suggestions in case they're not clear.

Btw,I don't have Soulworker on steam so my screens will show the steps on another game I have on steam.

Goodluck. :iris3: