False promises

• I thought game was delayed several months to prevent things we're experiencing now. They said they are delaying to make the open beta more polished but we can't even properly play. What was the point of delay then?

Edit: I get it. Just stop please

Edited once, last by saenimy ().

• they cant test servers without people in it so it not really a false promise

^ This, so many people don't understand that without a closed beta you should pretty much expect a closed beta experience in the open beta.

jfuhqf.jpg

• My free beta game isn't working, please compensate me.

In addition, they are working to fix any issues as soon as they come up, as seen by their frequent maintenance to see what is wrong.

• This isn't launch, it isn't the standard open beta you're expecting either.

Most modern MMO's use open beta as a "soft launch", this isn't a soft launch it's very much a server stress test.

This isn't a service you're paying for. You haven't bought anything from them yet. You're simply here to stress test the servers. They can't possibly know what amount of players to expect, it's an unknown.

They will be using the data we're providing to scale up/down & make adjustments where required.

• "Unfortunately, this commitment to quality and the best player experience also means we have to postpone the Open Beta to Q1 2018. We had hoped to finish a number of tasks faster, but in the end we rather invest more time and money to make SoulWorker an even better game than rushing it out of the door in a less than perfect state."

Quoted directly from their facebook post regarding the delay.

You can see that their plan was to jump right into Open Beta from the start. You cannot hold a stress test without a beta, because you need the population to provide the stress.

This is a BETA. Beta means its a testing environment. By you playing this game, there is an agreement between Gameforge the Publisher, and you, the Player. Gameforge benefits from you testing out the game, finding the issues, the bugs, the instability of servers, etc.

YOU benefit from being able to play the game, make progress and learn the mechanics, and the Open Beta rewards that you get when the game launches officially.

If you do not agree with this, please leave. No one is forcing you to sit down and play this free game.

• And this is what happens when too many games newer come out and just stay in open beta state for all they'r lifetime.

People no longer understand what is beta and what is a released game.

^ This, so many people don't understand that without a closed beta you should pretty much expect a closed beta experience in the open beta.

You can't test server stability in CBT. Which is what we are doing now.

yes you can, Closers and Kritika did it. Even BDO / BNS has stress tests. Aura Kingdom had it, along with other older MMOs. There is not excuse for GF, an EU based company not to stress their servers earlier for an INTERNATIONAL game prior to their OBT. No Excuse.

295s9lj.jpg

Elate

• Second day of OBT and no fix to the servers not showing available, disconnections and general latency for those who manage to play the game. Its looking pretty bad.

yes you can, Closers and Kritika did it. Even BDO / BNS has stress tests. Aura Kingdom had it, along with other older MMOs. There is not excuse for GF, an EU based company not to stress their servers earlier for an INTERNATIONAL game prior to their OBT. No Excuse.

You are still aware of the fact that you can't test the amount of people hitting your server on an open beta or release in a CLOSED Beta. And yeah we all saw how good the Closed Beta worked for Blade and Soul, for example when the servers still were messy as hell on release. I basicly don't get what you are trying to say here or how you want to make a valid statement out of that-

It honestly feels like many of the people complaining never been through the testing stages or releases of games because otherwise they wouldn't cry as much.

8Mknbid.gif

best haru [EU]

soontm ~

Snow - [EN] Candus

just my 2 Cents, but yes kritika and bns did cbt stress Tests, and what happened? open beta were still garbage Servers with delays, Login Queues, Server timeouts etc. open beta stresstest is the better Option, i remember being in premium bns Queue for like 4k People on release, i dont mind Servers being maintained in an open beta, still, what i do mind is the kinda freaky hellish Long leveling process due to not getting much xp

• Hello,

As said, so many users already answered. Since there has not been a closed Beta it is understandable a bit of instability the first days. We all hope, to have a completely stable version as soon as possible.

Regards,

Rhaegal.

rhaegal_sw_by_esmeraldagio-dchw67s.jpg