The current akasha system is very unrewarding.

• It is seriously overwhelming and very unrewarding when you have opened over 500 akasha transmitters and still not get the card you have been wanting to get. The fact that your hard, long farming hours to get these akasha cards have been added up to nothing literally breaks the spirit of anyone. When you have a system like this it makes people not just tired, but also incredibly overwhelmed by the amount of endless farming they have to do just to get a simple card and as a result, they start to hate the game to a certain point that can possibly lead to quitting. And I'm not just speaking from my own personal experience, other people I have talked to also share the same belief and they are quite unsatisfied with it.

Now, I do think that the game should be fun, refreshing, but most importantly rewarding, but the current system doesn't allow it to be so just like many other things and after all this time almost nothing significant has been done about it. I do however appreciate the fact that the merge rates were increased to 100%, but to the surprise of everyone, 19/20 of the times you merge, you are bound to get a grutin card which is so ridiculous that it is hilarious.

There are a lot of ways to tackle this which in all honesty should be seriously considered. One of them is by literally just allowing these cards to be crafted, I mean we were able to craft 1* akasha cards before, so why not expand on it? However, instead, you have to collect a certain number of fragments from akasha transmitters openings. That way, even if you open 500 akasha transmitters you are still able to craft your card even though the gamble didn't pay off and at the very least it wasn't completely unrewarding as it is now. It doesn't really have to be this specific method as long as you can prevent people from engaging in endless gambling that leads to nothingness.

dddd

• There is only 1 way to fix this and that is to higher the rates we get 4* and 5* from Akashas. Why? Cause we won't get anything korea doesnt have...

With best regards

wfdlzhqo.jpg

• It is true that this stupid system is making most of people nowhere near victory!

It's clearly the most annoying filter in this game, nearly as much annoying as stat rolls or upgrading filters.

And they're not helping at all with the events...

It's not fun to chain alts, not everyone has the time for, and alting to get the essential for a main... Never seen this...

• In KR if you buy a certain bundle of akashas you get to pick a 5 star you want. Really we should just copy them. Same thing with the wheel. After X spins there should be a point where you can just pick the reward.

I guess this could be done with a similar system to the dye point system. Spin wheel enough or open enough akashas gives points towards being able to finally pick what you want. Pretty fair imo.

• In KR if you buy a certain bundle of akashas you get to pick a 5 star you want. Really we should just copy them. Same thing with the wheel. After X spins there should be a point where you can just pick the reward.

I guess this could be done with a similar system to the dye point system. Spin wheel enough or open enough akashas gives points towards being able to finally pick what you want. Pretty fair imo.

Yes, fair for whales.

Yes, fair for whales.

And? Depends on your definition of whale but either way if you're spending some money on a game then you should have some control over being able to buy what you want. True free to play should not be able to have it all that easy and I'm not sure how any F2P should feel entitled to be able to farm and obtain everything for free without some serious luck. If you plan to sink time into a game then spending some money is reasonable, otherwise why should anyone spend money?

The progress overhaul Gameforge gave us (which significantly speeds up alt runs) has already made this quite fair. Spend a good amount of time running alts and you should be able to farm at least a portion of the trinity free. Only things I disagree with is we were never provided a way to farm neos (for the rotating rate-ups) and as I already suggested opening Akashas should give points towards being able to eventually select what you want. Optimally this system would be outside of the cash shop (in-game like the dye system) but that means it's rather unlikely unless KR has it coded first or its implemented via some kind of crafting menu as was mentioned in OP.

• Buy card in shop is easy i oppenned 3500 card and i get what i want

Stop whining get a job and buy card

easy step

사공이 많으면 배가 산으로 간다

-The first one GF lover xoxoxoxo :saint:<3:love:

Edited 2 times, last by End: Too much poor ppl cry in this world that insane, they just dont get themself find a proper job ().

• Nice of you to assume everyone in this game is old enough for this. Also some people dont wanna/cant spend money on this game out of very different reasons. For example if you play from a fairly poor country where 99% of your money already goes into your cost of living even if you have a job good luck buying SC with it. Maybe you should get off your entitled high horse and contribute something that would help in this conversation, thx.

With best regards

wfdlzhqo.jpg

• this is a kind of statement where I wish it was deleted quickly, no matter if you buy or grind it's all the same RNG.

• Yeah, main issue is that some cards are extremely powerful and there is absolutely no way to get them if you are unlucky. Gives people no way to compete with others.

Even with maxed out HH gear, Tenebris grants about 6-8% increased damage to bosses, I have no idea how much Arua grants as I don't know how good armour break is exactly, but it's general consensus that Arua is much better than Tenebris.

If you think about it, you are missing at least 15%(I'm being very generous) damage just because you didn't open those two. Easily renders you unable to compete.

I'm a person that has every non-limited 5 star akasha except for Tenebris, Veneris and Arua. I wanna improve on times, compete with others, but the difference between a player that has top tier akashas and another player that doesn't is insane. And there is absolutely nothing I can do to change this. All I can do is to descend down further the rabbit hole, keep using dzenai on fusing with the hopes that maybe one day I will get something good.

Saddest thing is that GF is so stingy with akashas, we get like 15 max a month for logging in, every half a year we get an event that gives us 30 akashas?

And sure some people are like just farm for 1 month, get 1200 akashas and you have everything omegalul, whole thing is just hard work kekw. Sure, the whole thing is kekw, until you don't get lucky for once, get no good akashas, 150 hours of your life down the drain and probably like a 100 mil you wasted on fusing.

• although I have Arua I still don't have tenebris and veneris and i've alt-grinded and bought, the best I got from akashas were literally mageddon,ultimaton and other 5 star akashas (besides miriam who I still don't have to this day which makes no sense to me) so go from there.....

• I still don't understand why anyone thinks they should be able to play a game like this (with server costs the publisher has to pay for), spend no money at all themselves, and still be able to have everything without being really lucky? Like isn't that the definition of feeling entitled?

Certainly not saying people should be forced to 'whale' but there should be some incentives to spend on occasion or else nobody will and your free game will go byebye.

That said I know plenty of people who farmed their trinity through alt runs and also know people who spent money on hundreds of akashas and failed. If anyone should have had the hard-stop option it should be for buying the akashas from the shop. This gives incentive to spend because people know even if RNG fails them at least their money isn't going to complete waste.

• I still don't understand why anyone thinks they should be able to play a game like this (with server costs the publisher has to pay for), spend no money at all themselves, and still be able to have everything without being really lucky? Like isn't that the definition of feeling entitled?

Because without this people there would be a way smaller playerbase and if there would be a way smaller playerbase "premium players" wouldnt play/cash into this game or atleast way less. As F2p you pay a price too to get stuff. You pay with your time. And I mean lets calculate if we would just run alts through candus and lets say each run needs 2 hours and on avg you need 2,5 k akasha transmitter to get the trinity (normal) thats 250 x 2 hours so 500 hours of altfarming with 250 alt characters where you most likely have like only 2 or 3 slots for. For the sake of it lets say 3 so 250/3 = 83 and this 83,33 are the weeks you would need to farm for it if you would always instantly create an alt again when you can and farm it in that week. A year has 55 weeks btw so with the current system if you have kinda avg luck you get it in 1,5 years. IDK your other option is paying around 1,5k € (German exchange rates) for that or just not getting it and buying a used car or so.

Also if a game has systems inteplemented to make it "unfun" on purpose can you even call it a game anymore? Or just work?

It would also be possible to think about a semi F2P way like introducing "payed akasha transmitters" and after opening 50 or 100 of these you can choose a 5* of your choice these would be tradeable then. Like this payers and non payers would benefit from them (higher price on market than normal akashas) and a easier way for non payers to get these akashas.

With best regards

• Because without this people there would be a way smaller playerbase

Let's be honest here, the only reason F2P are needed is to bump up the player base to attract more players. But if you give them everything easy then nobody spends money on the game. How is this such a hard concept to understand? The game is already extremely fair to F2P.

You pay with your time.

You know who else pays with your time? The publishers who run the servers and pay for your bandwidth. Your fundamental mistake is thinking that spending time on this game is equivalent to having a job. Just because you play the game and bump up the player count doesn't mean it owes you like an actual employer would for doing actual work. If anything the exchange is fairly even. You get a free game to play, they get a higher player count.

500 hours of altfarming

If that 500 hours was spent working a real job then buying some akashas wouldn't be a big deal, as long as you knew for sure there was a hard-stop and RNG couldn't screw you this way as well.

It would also be possible to think about a semi F2P way like introducing "payed akasha transmitters" and after opening 50 or 100 of these you can choose a 5* of your choice these would be tradeable then. Like this payers and non payers would benefit from them (higher price on market than normal akashas) and a easier way for non payers to get these akashas.

Yes this is kinda what I was thinking as well. Either way the game needs to maintain at least some incentives to spend.

Edited 2 times, last by Keita ().

• GF screwed up with trying to push the theme of +8 and above gear is a privilege. Bled out every player, whoever is left is kind of an addict. Not allowing me to get a +8 primal weapon back then just made me quit, if I was around, I probably would have bought some fashion or brooches.

Everything in this game has been turned into a slot machine at one point. Gear, brooches, akashas, fashion, you name it. And when GF decides that for a 10 euros worth of item, you have to pay 3 euros to have an undisclosed chance to get, then most sane people will just leave.

Generosity goes a long way, I personally spend more money on games where I feel that the company is more generous. It took me ages to get a Big Plastica, I've never opened a single good tera brooch, couldn't get my gear to +9, couldn't even open Lucy, let alone the holy trinity when I dropped money on Akashasc. All this tells me that GF doesn't respect me as a customer, so we just reached the point where I'm not willing to pay any money anymore.

Maybe if I've gotten literally anything, then I would drop a 100 or so Euros a month. And I think most people that feel this way quit permanently and just found another game.

And yeah, you can go around saying just spend until you get what you want and if I was a street sweeper in Western EU, had 1k Euros each month as disposable income, I would probably spend more. But I live in Eastern EU with a degree, with 200 Euros disposable income due to wage inequality, I guess people living in Eastern EU just don't deserve to get good in Soulworker.

• GF screwed up with trying to push the theme of +8 and above gear is a privilege. Bled out every player, whoever is left is kind of an addict. Not allowing me to get a +8 primal weapon back then just made me quit, if I was around, I probably would have bought some fashion or brooches.

Yeah this is one of the first major screw-ups Gameforge made with this game. Waiting so long to bring the NPC loyalty system scared off a ton of people who may have stuck around otherwise. It's nice that they finally listened but by then much of the damage was already done.

While I believe there should be incentive to spend, I'm certainly against many of the scams that Gameforge has tried to pull with unfairly low rates behind certain things. There's a lot they've been overly greedy with (for example if you do the math they're trying to make over $500 USD per specific wheel jackpot). Things like this are just insane.

On top of that we've never once received any form of compensation via HEMs when the servers go down etc. At least the private server used to do this... and games like Azur Lane give compensation every couple weeks after they bring down the servers to push content updates. It actually makes you feel appreciated as a player. Just like you mentioned a little generosity really does go a long way.

• It's quite hilarious how people from back 2018 actually called this out, yet nothing was ever done: Lets do some Akasha math!

The thing that's literally off-putting is the fact that Akashas, especially the new and upcoming ones, are very important since they can make a huge difference. Just imagine a new player trying to catch up to the old player base then realizing he actually needs 3 passive 5* cards to actually catch up to the current content which is actually now. As we speak, KR is releasing yet another 5* card to the gambling collection and not to mention the already released ones we are yet to get. The more they add, the more frustrating it gets and it doesn't seem that they'll stop releasing 5* cards anytime soon either. Heck, they might even release a better one of what we currently have just to screw with us.

I've already spent money to buy akashas and honestly it's not worth it at all. You don't even get what you want. At that point, there's more incentive to not buy anything at all since the chance of getting the card you want is so relatively low.

Just to elaborate on KR's new akashas cards, we got a new one that gives:

+10% crit rate
    +800 attack

+200 accuracy

That's hidden +2.

And LF weapon removes 60 accuracy from you, so eventually, this card will actually become important to get.

dddd

Edited once, last by Silvery ().

• Grind in real life or Grind in game, your choice. Whether Grind in real life or Grind in game, the RNG on akasha is the same for both type of player. They both spend time to grind, so depend on which country or your country standard of living, some place is more efficient to grind in game, some may be more efficient to grind in real life.

Game publisher still need to pay their overhead cost and all the expenses, they need someway or other to make money to pay off their expenses. If you want everything easy to get then play Maplestory 2, everything is all just grind can't p2w, only fashion need to spend over there. (ooh forget, the game is closed because not making profit.)