Soulworker: Legends

• I'm surprised no one is really talking about this. Only a few mentions on the official discord and none on the forums that I can tell. For all the stuff people say about gameforge, including comparatively minor things, no one talks about this?

But based on the initially twitter preview, I thought GF just got lazy and used some footage from ZERO because they had none for the actual game... but I guess I gave them a bit too much credit.

All gameforge did was copy a unfaithful 3rd party mobile port and throw in their logo on it. That is just a new low. IDK if gameforge threatened legal actions in order to get the game or something... I also don't know if Lion game knows of this. I assume they should given they own SW, but I can't imagine any developer would approve of something like this.

Of all the things gameforge has done, this is the worst. There is no modification to ZERO, which don't have a functional combo chain system, the skills are all wrong, etc etc.

Its not even faithful to the source, yet gameforge thinks that game is presentable as an official SW port? What I think is worse is that they think it is ok to literally copy a copy and then labeling it as their own and marketing it as official. Vast majority of the SW community can tell this is just ZERO. The app icon haven't even changed.

This is just done in poor faith. It is hard to b disappointed when you have low expectations, but yea I'm disappointed. This game isn't official, its just a lazy and honestly quite disgusting. Gameforge should honestly just take the mobile game down now.

• When you start THE PC VERSION you now get an ad for the mobile version. Also I never once saw Soulworker ads for the Pc Version yet I received some for the mobile version today.l...

Worst part about it all is THEY ADVERTISE a different version of the game in the PC Version and in the OFFICIAL DISCORD OF THE PC VERSION. I mean wtf. You cant kick SW PC players harder in the face than with saying "We care more about the mobile version than this version."

On top of all of that they seem to have licenses to fashion that they dont have for the pc Version (Spiral cat) and argument it with "its from a different developer" I mean Im pretty sure that the license for this fashion should be at lion games hand and not at the hand of any other developer so Im very doubtful that they actually have the license for it. (Also they still didnt answered how they could release the stella spiral cat back in the day without any license for it).

pasted-from-clipboard.png
    With best regards

wfdlzhqo.jpg

• I'm still confused how "two different developers" can be an excuse though. Considering Soulworker is trademarked by Lion games, any other developer without a license can't be developing it for Lion games.

That just makes no sense, but I'm not a lawyer.

Gameforge in the past have said ZERO was unofficial IIRC. But that might be for another mobile port and I just mixed the two up.

Nonetheless I doubt Lion games gave rights to another company to develop ZERO. So how can gameforge publish another game that amounts to basically being an illegal port of an official product?

And yes gameforge is putting more effort in advertising a mobile copy than they did for the official PC version which is a spit in the face to both the player base and honestly Lion games.

• Hello, I would like to add just some small clarifications here about SoulWorker Anime Legends, because there are several inaccurate comments mentioned above. :)

Gameforge took over the publishing rights from Aprogen for specific regions and we released the game in Europe, Middle East, North Africa, North and South America and the countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). Apart from that, we are happy to announce that we are offering localized support for the available languages (English, French & German) and servers with better latency service in our regions.

About the mentions or promotions of the game (and ANY new game) in other Gameforge games or platforms (it was not only mentioned in SW), this is normal and can happen for any game released by a publisher that wants their new game to become known among their existing audience. Any mentions about "illegal" actions related to that or in general the release of the game are pure misinformation, so I wanted to clear this out for everyone. ;)

SoulWorker Anime Legends is a new game that will have its own path next to all of our other games, and this doesn't mean that SoulWorker will be affected in any negative way by this release- they are 2 different games.

..She threw away all of her masks and put on her soul..

• I would like to see how GF would react if I would advertise Metin 2 P-Servers here and say "It advertises Metin 2 therefore a Gameforge game so its ok".

Also I would highly recommend to think about laying off some people in the marketing department.

1. Ads for other games in a Game, imagine youre a new player and wanna start playing Soulworker and the first thing you get when starting the game is an ad for the shitty mobile version which is more p2w than every game in the playstore together.
    2. Advertising an Akasha pakage which is considered trash and will be considered trash even after the card in the pakage gets "useful".
    3. Releasing ads with a quality of 144 or less pixels.

Im not an marketing expert but you dont need to be one to see that this is are all just bad decisions.

With best regards

• Hey there, keep in mind that private servers are illegal and cannot be compared to an officially released game in any way ;)

..She threw away all of her masks and put on her soul..

• If we go on about whats legal and whats not I would start at asking myself if advertising gambling and giving the opportunity to gamble for real money to underaged people without asking for their age or any verification through things like the fortune wheel which is basically roulette is legal? (And existed in every GF game I played atleast).

On top of that 1 spin cost more than most people would even bet at online gambling webpages.

With best regards

• If we go on about whats legal and whats not I would start at asking myself if advertising gambling and giving the opportunity to gamble for real money to underaged people without asking for their age or any verification through things like the fortune wheel which is basically roulette is legal? (And existed in every GF game I played atleast).

On top of that 1 spin cost more than most people would even bet at online gambling webpages.

With best regards

MeMe Sounds ( OOF DUN DUN ): Amazon.fr: Appstore pour Android

사공이 많으면 배가 산으로 간다

-The first one GF lover xoxoxoxo :saint:<3:love:

• But how is Aprogen's development of Soulworker ZERO legal? Soulworker is trademarked by Lion games. Using the same character, similar story and setting is outright copyright infringement.

Yet gameforge by publishing Aprogen's mobile Soulworker is in support of a company that infringed on Lion game's intellectual property. Or did Lion games give them the green light to develop the mobile port?

• But how is Aprogen's development of Soulworker ZERO legal? Soulworker is trademarked by Lion games. Using the same character, similar story and setting is outright copyright infringement.

Yet gameforge by publishing Aprogen's mobile Soulworker is in support of a company that infringed on Lion game's intellectual property. Or did Lion games give them the green light to develop the mobile port?

Of course they have if they not the game will never be playable

사공이 많으면 배가 산으로 간다

-The first one GF lover xoxoxoxo :saint:<3:love:

• Actually it's action combat is pretty nice. There are not many mobile games where combat feels smooth (my opinion ofc) and it's (if ya ask me) totally fine when a publisher makes advertisement for their mobile version aswell. And it isnt like they put e.g. Elsword Mobile at start of SW - would not be same topic. But SW mobile at start of SW PC - makes sense. Maybe mobile version gets chii-adv-content faster than pc-version xD

Playing Chiihehehe!

My name OneCypher!

And my Stella ofc OneLove!

This my german-guide of my Stella!

This my drawings of SoulWorker!

Carry me pleaaase! :<

• Actually it's action combat is pretty nice. There are not many mobile games where combat feels smooth (my opinion ofc) and it's (if ya ask me) totally fine when a publisher makes advertisement for their mobile version aswell. And it isnt like they put e.g. Elsword Mobile at start of SW - would not be same topic. But SW mobile at start of SW PC - makes sense. Maybe mobile version gets chii-adv-content faster than pc-version xD

Sword of chaos = Smooth combat (atleast if they didnt change anything in the last 2 years) but its rly p2w (15k+ € for highest VIP over 100k € for jewels which equal brooches) but if you play sw mobile I think youre prepared for that anyways.

With best regards

wfdlzhqo.jpg

• You are right - every mobile game seems p2w, it's not only this one. That's why I don't play em. We don't know what GF will do, we hope ofc for the best. Aswell most of them got auto-play, also not my expectation of a game. SW Mobile got half-outplay if I remember right.

And I did play Sword of Chaos aswell, it's hella p2w, I can't deny you. But my point was that in my opinion it is Okey to advertise mobile game of same genre on the PC version.

Playing Chiihehehe!

My name OneCypher!

And my Stella ofc OneLove!

This my german-guide of my Stella!

This my drawings of SoulWorker!

Carry me pleaaase! :<

• My problem isn't specifically advertising the mobile version or even having a mobile version. My problem is that there had never been official confirmation that ZERO is legitimate. Gameforge publishing ZERO is no different than gameforge publishing BSW and then advertising it over the original game.

Also digging further it seems this game I supposedly developed by VisionBros and originally published by Aprogen, although Google playestore lists Aprogen as developers, but it might be because google playstore don't differentiate publisher and developer.

Aprogen also don't have this game listed on their website. Lion games also don't have Aprogen or VisionBros listed as business partner on the website which seem to have been at least updated on January 2020. But Liongames website seems rather odd to say the least so I don't know if I can trust it entirely.