This game is a Gatcha ?

• I ask you this game is a gatcha or a mmo ?:/

사공이 많으면 배가 산으로 간다

-The first one GF lover xoxoxoxo :saint:<3:love:

• The answer will appear after reading this information.

Gacha games are video games that implement the gacha (capsule-toy vending machine) mechanic. This is somewhat similar to loot boxes, inducing players to spend in-game currency to receive a random virtual item. Most of these games are free-to-play mobile games, where the gacha serves as an incentive to spend real-world money.The gacha game model began to be widely used in the early 2010s, faring particularly well in Japan.Almost all of the highest-grossing mobile games in Japan use it, and it has become an integral part of Japanese mobile game culture.Outside Japan, the game mechanism is also gaining popularity and is included in various Chinese and Korean games.

Model In these games, there are usually numerous characters, cards, or other items that players can obtain, and most of them are only obtainable via a "gacha" mechanism. This allow players to "pull" or "spin" the gacha (analogous to a slot machine or roulette wheel) using a specific amount of in-game currency, which will then give the player a randomized character, card, or other item. Sometimes, these gacha are limited, such that specific prizes can only be obtained within a specific event time-frame.Because some of the rewards have a lower chance to appear, typically players must spin the gacha many times before they get their desired outcome.In many games, gacha are essential for players to make progress in the game.Players may be given free or discounted gachas, but have to pay to get more. These games may also feature different tiers of gacha pulls, which give different sets of rewards.The model of gacha has been compared to that of collectible trading card games as well as to gambling.An aspect of monetisation commonly found in the financing of gacha games involves a model where a small proportion of players who spend an unusually large amount of money on gacha rolls (via in-game purchases) provide the majority of the funding needed for the game's upkeep, essentially subsidising the game for other players who may spend smaller amounts of money, or even free-to-play players that spend no money at all; such players are often colloquially referred to as "whales".

Types

Complete gacha

"Complete gacha" (コンプリートガチャ), also shortened as "kompu gacha" or "compu gacha" (コンプガチャ), was a monetization model popular in Japanese mobile phone video games until 2012, when it was found to be illegal by Japan's Consumer Affairs Agency. Under complete gacha rules, players attempt to "complete" a set of common items at random in a particular loot pool in order to combine them into a rarer item.The first few items in a set can be rapidly acquired but as the number of missing items decreases it becomes increasingly unlikely that redeeming a loot box will complete the set (see coupon collector's problem). This is particularly true if there are a large number of common items in the game, since eventually one single, specific item is required.

Box gacha

Box gacha is a virtual box of set items with known probabilities. Its popularity grew around the time that the complete gacha controversy was becoming publicized. As items are pulled from the box, the likelihood of receiving the desired item increases since there are fewer items in the box. It is also possible to pull every item in the box, provided the player is willing to spend enough. For this reason, some players will calculate how much money it would take to ensure they pull the item of their choosing.

Redraw gacha

Redraw gacha allows the player to "re-roll" the gacha if they receive an unfavorable result. Some games offer this feature for free. In games that offer an initial free gacha roll upon commencement, players beginning the game for the first time may attempt "re-rolling" by repeatedly creating new accounts until they obtain the desired rare item or starting results.

Consecutive gacha

Consecutive gacha improves the chances of receiving rare rewards when the player spends in bulk. As opposed to spending a set amount for individual rolls, a player can spend a larger amount in order to roll several times in a row for a slightly discounted price. At the end of the roll, the player receives all the items at once.

Step-up gacha

With step-up gacha, the player's chances of pulling a rare item is increased each time they roll. This gacha is very popular with heavy spenders, because with every roll the stakes feel higher.

Open versus closed gacha

Gacha that show (open) versus hide (closed) the exact probabilities of pulling rare items.

Discounted gacha

Discounted gacha usually involve special campaigns or events by the game company to allow users to roll for a lower price.

8)8)

Edited 2 times, last by adadasf ().

• The only aspect of the game that can be considered as gacha element is Akashas. But, you can obtain them without spending money. So, in my opinion, no, this game is not gacha. (your avatar from gacha game, btw)

OwO

Edited once, last by tokkusu ().

• Yeah i started play genshin and i wanna know what is a gatcha and what is not

사공이 많으면 배가 산으로 간다

• For be a gatcha we not need to have energy system ?

Overwatch is a gatcha ? we have loot box give rare and sometime limited random virtual item

사공이 많으면 배가 산으로 간다

• Hello !

I used to play Gacha games like Honkai, at least even if the result was not what I expected I still had useful items which could help me in my progression.

Soul Worker (in the Akasha aspect) is it's own Damocles sword.

It is... quite different, everything is almost trash-tier and useless for your progression, except for feeding better Akashas.
    Also even after opening an certain amount there is no 5* guarantee like most Gacha games.

So globally it is not a Gacha game but has some aspects (akasha, brooches) worse than that.

*Don't tell me you can fuse trash tiers to get better ones, it never happens to fall on a good one for the vast majority of us.

• Sorry, but this changes something in our case. I don't understand what the difference is in our system. If I understood correctly after the translation about the gatcha system. Any game can be drawn to such a system. They'll just tell you that we have a double random gatcha system. Forgive me ... but it's silly to compare or understand the system in our game. If we cannot adapt, it will not matter what kind of system we have.

• This is like one of the best breakdown of various gacha mechanics i have seen so far.

• Let start the roll of new wheel

사공이 많으면 배가 산으로 간다