The servers are lagging really badly everyday

• Yada yada another complain thread. But this is ridiculous. I've been playing this game for like 2 years and it never had lagged this consistently. My internet speed according to various tests is fast. I don't lag in any other game except for this. It is periodic in sudden spikes. Just completely outrageous. It is every day for the past week.

At this point I'm going to just stop playing because it is literally unplayable.

Skills don't register, character slides around. Moving items in inventory and bank is delayed by nearly 2 seconds. Other people on NA have told me the same thing.

Playing the game like this makes me want to say some really nasty things to gameforge. Do weekly server maintenance and shut down the server for a few hours every week if you have to. Who the heck is your CEO and upper management? Can't even provide BASIC SERVICE. If you can't keep games running, then stop publishing them.

• Funny that they can update the cash shop without fail and right on time, even 10$ wheel spins for armor chips, yet they can't be bothered to do weekly or bi-weekly server maintenance... Lag runs / server desync has been a recurring thing since I started playing in July, the only things that seem to fix it are outright server crashes or previously scheduled maint.

I like Soulworker and want to keep playing (and spending) but I have to ask myself why should I? when something as basic as server stability/playability seems to elude Gameforge. Is this some sort of new aged "hands off" approach or is it that they don't care... I don't know, but they're sure making hard for me to care.

• Hello,

Sorry to hear, that you experienced some issues, could you please tell me if the problem is still persisting?

Its been a couple of days but no response from the mod's ???

I was writing the comment at the same time (had window opened ;) )

• Yes, it still lags everyday. Today it lagged intermittently half an hour before gronco. Like 2 to 5 minutes interval where it might be fine for 1 to 3 minutes before lagging again.

This intermittent lag spike can last for an hour before stopping for maybe half hour to an hour before it start intermittently lagging again.

I'm on NA so idk about EN.

• Hello,

Sorry to hear, that you experienced some issues, could you please tell me if the problem is still persisting?

Its been a couple of days but no response from the mod's ???

I was writing the comment at the same time (had window opened ;) )

This is not a user-specific issue. This issue is affecting EVERYONE on NA. I think I have a grasp of the problem so will try to explain what's going on with some notes:

-This is a problem with some of your servers, specifically in the NA region.

-When you go to run a district and the game loads the dungeon for you, there is a chance you will be put into a 'bad instance' of the game (probably depends what channel/instance the game chooses for you) where everything is super laggy, most projectile attacks won't hit, only some splash damage and basic attacks connect.

-If you are put in a bad instance the problem persists until you leave and re-enter (and will come back if you are unlucky enough to get put back into another or the same bad instance)

-These bad instances are almost completely unplayable because of how laggy/desync they are.

-This problem has plagued NA for years but in the past would happen for a few days to a week or so and then servers would crash and be restarted. The restart would fix the problem for quite a while until eventually it came back again months later.

-This currently may be the worst it has ever been without outright crashing the servers.

-It also seems this issue correlates with very bad bank lag. If you add/remove an item from the bank it could take a full 2 seconds before the server acknowledges the move.

So as mentioned, restarting the servers is a temporary fix for the issue but doesn't explain why this is happening in the first place. Memory leak on one of the servers? Some other kind of error that is spamming the console and bogging things down? You need a developer who actually knows what they are doing to look into this or the problem is never going to be solved.

Until then, the very least you could do is weekly server restarts.

Considering how bad this bug is and how long it has been affecting our servers, as OP asked, why are you guys even publishing games if you cannot provide BASIC SERVICE??? This isn't even touching on how far behind in content we are right now. Also considering how your competition is back online, this is not the time to mess around. We WILL lose players because of this unless it's fixed immediately.

Also found a video of an example:

Edited once, last by Keita ().

• It's been a week since this thread's posting and 2 weeks since the start of these lag spikes. Is is so hard to just reset the server?!

It is very much unplayable. What do you guys even do at work? Just sit there?

• the servers be running on 200+ year old cooking oil if there's so many issues with the server

A crow is a sign of bad luck, I'm a sign of extreme bad luck.
    I am also a lore master
    and an anomaly researcher

• I got some Desync in EN too, when i was alting, impossible to hit the boss in too many runs.
    We got so much lag too when playing in aov or hh, without reason, my net is fine too, and soo many ppl are crashing every days in my group aov.

The server succ and they just don't care,
    After, they are here surprised "why they go in private server or JP version ?"

Sure you are surprised, your game is dying every day, and you don't care, server is dead, update are slow and event trash.

One things to say, GameForge just want to make money, they don't care, you just need to look how they work, no reply when people can't play, scam wheel and enjoy game.

Oh ? base player low ? let's go do a big update !

Well, enoy games guys and girls, and get sad and mad every days to GameForge who don't care about his community, what do you hoping about the future of the game ? it's the same shit since 3years.

Enjoy waiting 1 or 2 weeks for the next update and fix server, coz they are lazy to do "URGENT SERVER MAINTENANCE"

Have Fun, See you in game

<3 TeaAndBiscuits <3 LvL 10, Server EU recruits !

[Haru 68 Mystiic & 68 Maki | Stella 61 Mystiica | Ephnel 0}

unknown.png

• it just goes to show.... they know how to screw things up permanently, they're not gonna change no matter what.

I am also a lore master

• Yes, this is a sad truth, the colors of the game all the time fade against the background of an open game or a game abroad. Gentlemen, if something does not suit you .... do not cry, you can always leave the game. If 100 players leave the game, it will not affect the company as much. I wish you good luck and a safe journey. I am sure that in Japan or on another server you will be better

... Just go away, you don't need a lot of more comments that everything is bad with us.

• The game is starting to lag even in 'non-desynced' runs. Like i can tell when there is slightly lag. The easiest way is when Ground Pound starts sliding. the more sliding it gets, the more laggy it is. Even "normal" runs are starting to lag today. The desync ones feels like we practically disconnected where the mods, boss and players literally standing there doing nothing for several seconds.

It's getting worse and worse but they didn't even announce a maintenance. I guess they just gave up.

• Yes, this is a sad truth, the colors of the game all the time fade against the background of an open game or a game abroad. Gentlemen, if something does not suit you .... do not cry, you can always leave the game. If 100 players leave the game, it will not affect the company as much. I wish you good luck and a safe journey. I am sure that in Japan or on another server you will be better

... Just go away, you don't need a lot of more comments that everything is bad with us.

we're trying to make them see how bad the game is, you need to stop and think about what you're saying, if not then just don't bother responding.

I am also a lore master

• Hello everyone, a server restart will take place in NA today, please find more details here:[NA only] Server Restart 13/1/2021 13:00 CET (07:00 EST)

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks threea

BTW any chance we can look into getting regular weekly restarts? Until a developer can figure out why the servers were acting up so bad I fear this problem will come back again as it has in the past and weekly restarts would be a good preventative measure.

EDIT: Also as a follow-up I just want to confirm that the server restart DID fix the situation so thanks again. Even more reason why weekly restarts should be considered moving forward.

Edited once, last by Keita ().

• The game no longer lags and runs very smoothly now. So I also believe we should have more frequent maintenance/restarts. Biweekly might be sufficient.