Account Transfer Problems and Solutions

• I understand they have said there will be no transfer to the new server but it doesn't hurt to try convincing them. They have provided only one reason as to why they won't be able to.

1) There is apparently a law in the EU that will not allow sharing of account information as that is a breech of privacy.

The solution to that is simple and others have suggested this. A opt in would bypass that easily since the players in question gave consent. Additionally, for those playing on Steam, identify the player is even easier because your steam account is an obvious and public identifier. Lastly, what about players on NA? So are we screwed over? Oh and other games in the past with EU servers had transfer so why can't we?

2) Some players have brought forth the argument that it would be unfair to new players that 3 year old veterans get a head start.

But that is also bollocks. It is exactly because we have spent years on this game and some real life money that we should be able to keep our progress. New players getting on GFSW now would be at a disadvantage compared to veteran players. Once the international server is a year old, new players will also be at a disadvantage. Any new player will be at a disadvantage, that is just how these games work. If anything, it makes more sense rewarding loyal and veteran players. This will cause old players to quit after losing their progress and damage both Lion Games and Gameforge's reputation. New players will not care if veteran players keep their progress. Why would they? It doesn't affect them. So transferring can only lead to positives for both the two companies and player base.

3) Well, no game lasts forever, so you should have expected to lose your progress before spending money and time on it. Your fault for spending recklessly. It is not the end of the world.

Some have brought this up. While this is true, it is not the end of the world. It is not life or death. We all should be aware that the time and money we put on this server will disappear one day. But if we have the option to keep our progress, why not? There is no reason not to. This argument falls flat because it is merely an excuse for acceptance rather than a reason to not transfer data. If soulworker shuts down entirely, then there is no alternative and all progress will have to be wiped. But it is not. We are getting a replacement server. That means there exist the possibility of a transfer. So far the publicly announced reason is just unsatisfactory. As already mentioned the reason provided isn't enough of a barrier.

4) Well some have said the economy would be damaged. Current economy on EU and NA are really bad, transferring would cause the new server to suffer.

This is admittedly the most challenging part. But I propose that the transfer can go two ways. The first is a bit harder. All items transferred will be soulbound on receipt. So ECs will go from red to yellow version. So on and so forth. It can still be used but cannot be traded. Same with fashion, same with materials. Dzenai and BP will be reset so there's no excess money in circulation. Aethar can remain since it can't be traded anyways.

The other option is simply transfer fashion and maybe akasha or some other premium tab items. People paid real money for those. Some transfer is better than no transfer. We don't even need to transfer everything.

5) Some have claimed that Lion Games just want people to whale again for their stuff back. So is it really the best way to earn money?

Honestly, I think being able to keep your existing player base will reap you more income in the long term. There will always be new content and fashion players will spend on. New players that join will spend. Old players that stay will spend. The new players joining will be the smae no matter if there is a transfer or not and so the income from this group will be the same. However without transfer, old players will quit decreasing the income coming from this group in the long term. Transferring will however affect how many old players stay. The more old players that stay the more people you have spending. Old players are also the most loyal and likely to spend and so keeping as much of them as possible would earn you far more in the long run. Sure in the short term, everyone whaling to get their old stuff back is tempting, but there will be less players buying premium stuff in the future due to many people quitting in the transition.

That is all. If there is any additional concerns, you can bring it up and see if we can tackle the issue. Also Gameforge or Lion Games, (I doubt they will be here though) if you are going to respond just telling us there will be no transfer.. Don't bother. Give us an explanation why these proposed solutions won't work. That way we can have a discussion and promote potential solutions.

Lastly, please bring bank sharing to the new server. Or give us an equally if not a better alternative to akasha, anti-destruct, and strength expansion farming. This is a make or break for many players

• After what LG wrote on their Facebook page, I'm fairly certain that they are the ones who decided not to transfer the user data. I don't think that trying to convince Gameforge of a data transfer will result in anything. LG are the ones blocking them and what should Gameforge's interest be to convince LG otherwise? There is no incentive for them. Also, since they are used to migrating account data from other publishers, I'm certain that performing a migration would not have been too difficult for them and that it is indeed LG who is blocking the migration (and as I said before - LG said so themselves).

Which means: you, or rather we, need to convince LG somehow that a data transfer is beneficial to them and is worth the effort and money that they would have to put into it. And they won't read this forum so it would have to be on Facebook or their forum, if they have one.

• 1)This is not as simple as it seems. With the law there is no simple way, a mistake and LG can have a lot of problems so i think a "click on consent" is not an option. At best they can let us create a new account and then let us transfer only the characters data.

But this is not a solution either, idk if TW version have a web registration like us or is only through steam, if it's only steam then there is a problem to solve because the data need to be moved from GF to Steam, and if it's easy for steam users, maybe it's not for web users.

About other games, are you talking about BDO? If so it's not the right example, KakaoGames it's a KR. company so the data is always outside of EU.

Oh, almost forgot, there is the possibility that gameforge don't want to give the data but i don't think it's this.

I still think this is something that can be done, but we don't know if it is worth to be done or not.

2)This is not so right either, is different from other games.

In other games as bdo there is no service stop to re-open it later, the service continue with a both side agreement, but here the service will stop to reopen anew later, so steam will advertize the game as new... What would you think about a new server with lv 68 the first second the server is opened? It's not just about fair and not fair, it's not always black or white.

3)Hell yeah, a game don't last forever, but it's still your fault for spending money on a dead game.

It's not like this was new, i knew that this game was going to shut down very soon. I told to my friend more than 1 year ago that this game was going to shut down probably in 2020, at latest in first half 2021.

What you did was totally a waste of time and money, if you had dropped this game when i told you to do so then by this time we would had the new version without waste of time and money. But no, you had to spend money on a dead game, i will not go as far as to say "serves you right" but really, you reap what you sow and there is no point to complain now.

4)A selective transfer is not an option.

5)I think this is simple. I think they know that sooner or later who play on gfsw will play on their version too.

Why is this? For 2 reasons.

a)If you really like the game you will play it again, now maybe you are angry because you lost years of hard work and i understand it, but like i said you will play it again.

b)Out of interest you will try the new version, and when you will see that it's way better than this version you will want to play it again.

Now my personal opinion about this matter.

I'm almost sure that the EU regulation it's not the problem here, and i think it is all about money (it's still my opinion and i could be wrong, maybe there are technical issues).

But still i think this is no reason to not support them.

You supported this version, without updates, without answers (copy paste answers are not really answers) with the scam wheel and boxes, so why not support a good version of this game?

But at least we need something, one outfit with brooch sockets and akashas for us old players would be enough.

• What are you writing here. What account transfer. Have you lost all your brains while creating angry topics here. Once again for those who do not understand why data transfer is impossible. A new server is a new server ... this is not a new company (according to the logic of LG's understanding) ... on a new server, everyone starts from scratch - this is the law of creating a new server.

The player base here does not exceed 1000 players. Veterans who are fully dressed in the best things are only 300 people no more. Now you just show how sorry you were for the money spent on the game .... but no one forced you to do this .... you feel sorry for the time spent on the game, but no one forced you to play.

By all the rules of marketing, transferring player data is not a profitable business, the exception is a player base of 5000 people .... do we have one? Before closing, you were crying and whining on the forum .... not happy with everyone ... now that the project is officially closed, what are you doing. Snot again. Can not be ,

so that you don't have at least a little respect for yourself and others ... start from scratch ... there will be excitement ... there will be competition ... No, give you continuation of progress ... new players will not be profitable in any case position. A year before the announcement of the closure, I already knew that this would happen by communicating with the right people.

It was not profitable and wrong to disclose information. Want to transfer data .... nothing is easier ... pay for a new LG server will transfer you. And if you can’t, then you don’t need to mislead other players by giving false hope of transfer chances.

• What are you writing here. What account transfer. Have you lost all your brains while creating angry topics here. Once again for those who do not understand why data transfer is impossible. A new server is a new server ... this is not a new company (according to the logic of LG's understanding) ... on a new server, everyone starts from scratch - this is the law of creating a new server.

The player base here does not exceed 1000 players. Veterans who are fully dressed in the best things are only 300 people no more. Now you just show how sorry you were for the money spent on the game .... but no one forced you to do this .... you feel sorry for the time spent on the game, but no one forced you to play.

By all the rules of marketing, transferring player data is not a profitable business, the exception is a player base of 5000 people .... do we have one? Before closing, you were crying and whining on the forum .... not happy with everyone ... now that the project is officially closed, what are you doing. Snot again. Can not be ,

so that you don't have at least a little respect for yourself and others ... start from scratch ... there will be excitement ... there will be competition ... No, give you continuation of progress ... new players will not be profitable in any case position. A year before the announcement of the closure, I already knew that this would happen by communicating with the right people.

It was not profitable and wrong to disclose information. Want to transfer data .... nothing is easier ... pay for a new LG server will transfer you. And if you can’t, then you don’t need to mislead other players by giving false hope of transfer chances.

Did you lost your brain or google translate failed you again? Your arguments already got countered in the first post. What you saying is rather useless.

• It doesn't affect them.

if i get all my stuff i will not play with newbie who dont get akasha card and broches.

Newbies will already get aov gear +9 on new server. Tt will be only easier for them to catch up and farm dz than here.

i dont talk about newbie on GFSW but the true one

사공이 많으면 배가 산으로 간다

-The first one GF lover xoxoxoxo :saint:<3:love:

• You realize new one will start with Lunar Fall and West War expansion right? By that time AoV will be given for free at +9, if not even HH.

Realy ? lol i think is was a joke where you see that ?

사공이 많으면 배가 산으로 간다

• Because that's how it is on every other server that has that content, not every version was stuck in ice age like GF

and LG confirmed we get that content if not even Violent Sun raid

Like I said gear is not even an issue because what we had on GF was super outdated, levels aren't hard to get back either, all we want is just premium items to be transferred

• I appreciate the effort of the original post and I fully agree there are (rather simple) solutions to the problem, especially doing things like some item transfer but not everything.

That said, you're making a fatal mistake in looking for solutions: LG doesn't want solutions.

This is 100% due to marketing. I already outlined the explanation here: New database

The TLDR; is if there are already players who have stuff at launch, a certain group of day 1 mega whales who like to race for the top spot won't even bother because they'll first have to whale to catch-up. They don't want to play catch-up first, they want their money to immediately put them ahead, so they'll just wait for a different game with a true fresh launch to jump on instead.

That's all this is about; making whales compete so LG can maximize profit at launch.

Everything else is a lie or half-truth.

After what LG wrote on their Facebook page, I'm fairly certain that they are the ones who decided not to transfer the user data. I don't think that trying to convince Gameforge of a data transfer will result in anything. LG are the ones blocking them and what should Gameforge's interest be to convince LG otherwise? There is no incentive for them. Also, since they are used to migrating account data from other publishers, I'm certain that performing a migration would not have been too difficult for them and that it is indeed LG who is blocking the migration (and as I said before - LG said so themselves).

Yes. There are actually people on the forums/discord trying to convince others that this is all Gameforge's fault but it's pretty clear from what LG wrote that they're the ones who are making this decision and hoping people are gullible enough to believe the GDPR excuse or whatever else they come up with.

Either way it seems to speak to the submissive nature of a good chunk of the SW playerbase :D

Not worth calling them out directly but even in this thread there was someone roughly saying "You've put up with worse why not put up with this too?" and being totally serious about it.

Learn to have some self-respect.

One last point: The only way you will get anything out of LG is not through appealing to them with reason or emotion. They need to basically be scared that failure to give at least some compensation to GF players would harm their profit. I'm sure they've already weighed the pros/cons but decided they rather launch as attractive as possible for those day 1 mega whales. So really the only solution is a major social media campaign to shake things up. That said the likelihood of success is low.

Edited 2 times, last by Keita ().

• When the boycot is ?

사공이 많으면 배가 산으로 간다

• In this forum some people deserve just one thing:

100 is too much give them the 5 with a rate of 0.01%

The only one winning is the house

사공이 많으면 배가 산으로 간다

• In this forum some people deserve just one thing:

100 is too much give them the 5 with a rate of 0.01%

The only one winning is the house

Yeah.

What make me laugh is that when GF give them the scamwheel or the scambox without updates or information about the game they are happy to use their card and protect gameforge. When LG do the right thing to do, with probably (if it's like kr) a lot of updates and listen to the community (when the community make reasonable demands) they are angry and complain.

• Literally nobody in this thread is defending Gameforge. In fact it's pretty safe to assume the people upset about LG refusing any data transfers are actually ecstatic to see GF lose the contract. People who would otherwise be very happy to continue playing and support LG are being told if they want to do so they have to start all over. THAT is why people are upset. Not because of some kind of imagined love for GF. Very dishonest to try and misrepresent this.

• If it is a reference to the other tread i not talking to you personaly, now everyone is upset but before very few one move a single finger to stop GF brainwash solder, i think this game should be shutdown last year in fusion.

People who spending/playing regarless of what GF do give them enought to making this possible.

If everyone boycot this game the shutdown will not take a year and now people are crazy because they will lose all they get in the worst version of the game ?

Is just maddness, if someone stole your wallet you will not put it everyday in front of him to stole it again and again i think they are masochist and in this situation they complain about data but in fact that make them pleasure.

This is trash and will be trash LG cleaned up hope they will not make sh but for sure they not make it for us

사공이 많으면 배가 산으로 간다

• I'm not talking about now, but when you defend gameforge for years of scam and then a company do the right thing and you complain... well...

• Excuse me? I've never defended GF on here. In fact I'm surprised I was never banned for some of the nasty things I said about them. You need to pay attention instead of staying hung up on some comment I made about it being nice if GF managed to maintain the faster pace of updates they had over the summer. You're literally so fixated on this you can't see we've been on the same team all along.