Is it just me or is this game strangely hard?

• Honestly, I have never played an MMORPG that is this level of hard that early on. I played A LOT of MMORPGs and its not that im just a casual gamer that likes it easy. I enjoy the challenge that the game gives me, but Im really wondering if Im supposed to struggle at Level 10-11 bosses at Normal difficulty. Is it just me, or is the game set to a very hard difficulty on base. (DISCLAIMER: Im a Solo only player)

That aside, I have also been wondering if I am doing something wrong regarding combat. Im playing Lily and it seems like the only choice I have to beat bosses and huge packs of mobs, would be hit and run and spamming my ranged abilities. While I can see that this makes sense in a strategic manner, it doesnt feel too fun as the process takes way too long for my taste. Am I missing out on something? I literally cant even use my apparent "combos", I mostly have to cancel my abilities halfway to get out of danger areas or away from thrown projectiles... Like, whats the point in combos if I cant even use them without taking massive damage/dying.

• There is an odd learnig curve, and early on stamina management is a bit dificult. I typicly chip away at a bosses super armor while dodging and save my larger combos for when the SA breaks and am free to execute them.

• Honestly, I have never played an MMORPG that is this level of hard that early on. I played A LOT of MMORPGs and its not that im just a casual gamer that likes it easy. I enjoy the challenge that the game gives me, but Im really wondering if Im supposed to struggle at Level 10-11 bosses at Normal difficulty. Is it just me, or is the game set to a very hard difficulty on base. (DISCLAIMER: Im a Solo only player)

That aside, I have also been wondering if I am doing something wrong regarding combat. Im playing Lily and it seems like the only choice I have to beat bosses and huge packs of mobs, would be hit and run and spamming my ranged abilities. While I can see that this makes sense in a strategic manner, it doesnt feel too fun as the process takes way too long for my taste. Am I missing out on something? I literally cant even use my apparent "combos", I mostly have to cancel my abilities halfway to get out of danger areas or away from thrown projectiles... Like, whats the point in combos if I cant even use them without taking massive damage/dying.

it is our version that is especially hard

i can not talk for the kr version

but on jp the mobs do much less damage

• It's just you. All normal dungeons are easy solo and if you use dodge and potions there should be no problem. Difficulty rises on hards and manics. The game was supposedly easier on kr or jp but then it would be boring. The difficulty now is perfect, you just need to learn boss patterns and dodge. The first levels are hard to get used to if you didn't play Dragon Nest or Elsword (those are the only two MMORPGS that required something from player rather than mindless smashing random keys on the keyboard).

• I think Erwin and Lily players have a bit more of a curve in the early game just because they don't have a lot of the skills that make life easier later on(mostly related to evasion things).

You can also buy the highest rarity gear from the market(atm) for pretty cheap which is a good boost to stats.

• I'm at level 35 right now and I can promise you it actually gets easier once you finish the first town. I'm no pro but I like to solo and around level 10-12 in the first town is where it was most difficult for me. Once you pass that hump you will find the difficulty is much more balanced.

Buy cheap gold gears from the market anytime you feel your damage/defense is subpar (generally every 7-10 levels). They usually go from 5k-10k dz each piece on low level stuff. I have not enhanced any gears yet, always using full gold set at +0 and its smooth sailing.

• yeaht jsut ht ebginning ist hard... buy cheap uniques and enhance ur weapon to 3-4 .... and later on its so easy... iam lvl 55 and i run every dungeon (included raids on first difficulty) solo with ease..... so just take ur time... it will be getting better... iam lily too :D

• I find the boss patterns hard to read but.. it definitely feels like the 1st town, especially with the clowns, is a weed out town lol... Once you get thru them you know what to expect from future bosses

• If you're struggling like.. a lot! Then you're doing something wrong since overall those levels at normal aren't actually difficult even with Lily 'The Paper Class', I'm really hoping that it won't get adjusted or something as JP supposedly is, can't think on any game that gave me the least kind of challenge while leveling, everything have been 'Level now, worry later' since the 'most relevant' content was when you're capped. I mean here 'hard' and 'manic' actually means 'hard' and 'manic' as dumb as that could sound, there are games where those tittles does not mean anything.

giphy.gif

Ara is love, Ara is life~

bhlqgx.png

• imo only the starting town should get some difficulty check.

I say this because the starting town is "artificially difficult". There's no complex mechanics, there's no interesting boss interactions, there's not really anything you need to know before going in. The main thing that makes the first town difficult is that a large majority of the manic bosses are just stat inflated. They take very little damage while having SA up, and are only vulnerable for a very very brief period of time when it breaks. Add onto this that boss attacks one shot half the time and you'll end up with a lot of people who play casually getting very frustrated and dropping the game.

• Yes, the early game is ironically more difficult in a way.

You have no armor, so it is very easy to get one shot and trash mobs do a crazy amount of damage even on normal.

Early level bosses hardly telegraph any attacks, making them hard to predict for a new player.

You have no abilities and passives, making you even more squishy and weak.

And you are playing Lilly, who in my experience is by far the squishiest character at least early on.

Don't worry about it, it will get easier as you level, get gear, and get use to the game.

• If anything the game should be harder. Maybe its because I am used to these types of games, but overall I believe the manic mode should be at hard mode's place, and then there should be like an "Unforgivable" mode after that

Is that heresy I see?

• Like with EME's NA & EU release of Kritika not long ago, the stats of mobs in this version are higher than those in other versions, it's just not as extreme of a boost as it was for Kritika. What makes this especially rough early on is that you have few skills, and you're only just starting to gear up, so may have little in the way of armour. Then some characters have an easier, to much easier time of things, as for instance Stella has more range on many attacks, and it isn't too long before she gets some good super armour destroying skills, while other characters like Lily, or Haru need to get closer, and it could be longer before they get a more complete skill set. Also it's more the special attacks that get telegraphed, but all super armoured mobs, and bosses really have earlier on are normal attacks, yet those hit as hard as special attacks, which doesn't help new players any.

Around the start of EME's release of Kritika, there were people going on about how great it was that the game was changed to be so "hard," when all they did was add artificial difficulty. Then when they applied the very same changes to at the time end-game content, that didn't have such changes made to it yet, those same people that said such changes to levelling content was great, flipped out, and demanded that the end-game content be changed back. If you look at EME's release of Kritika now, it's pretty empty, part of that is due to the over tuned mobs.

SoulWorkers being so hard on new players, could turn many, to most of them off, since this release is still new, it's still enjoying a high player volume, to the point that the NA servers are having issues due to it. Although by around the end of the month, we'll see a lot less people playing, and keeping new players when the game is so hard on new players will continue to be difficult. Toning down the content, or at least the bosses in the first town would be a good idea for the long term health of the game.

Edited 4 times, last by PhoenixShi ().

• I've never had a problem with it, manic seems easy to me most of the time, the only boss I've ever found hard is on manic and it's a boss with the floor changing effects (Don't want to say what their name is in case you care about story) I've never got less than an A ranking on any dungeon and I've only once ran out of respawners. I'm level 45 right now and only play Erwin. If you're having a lot of problems with it I suggest buying better armor and weapons from the market and maybe teaming up with someone.

W3gAwJz.png

• It's just you. All normal dungeons are easy solo and if you use dodge and potions there should be no problem. Difficulty rises on hards and manics. The game was supposedly easier on kr or jp but then it would be boring. The difficulty now is perfect, you just need to learn boss patterns and dodge. The first levels are hard to get used to if you didn't play Dragon Nest or Elsword (those are the only two MMORPGS that required something from player rather than mindless smashing random keys on the keyboard).

If you're struggling like.. a lot! Then you're doing something wrong since overall those levels at normal aren't actually difficult even with Lily 'The Paper Class', I'm really hoping that it won't get adjusted or something as JP supposedly is, can't think on any game that gave me the least kind of challenge while leveling, everything have been 'Level now, worry later' since the 'most relevant' content was when you're capped. I mean here 'hard' and 'manic' actually means 'hard' and 'manic' as dumb as that could sound, there are games where those tittles does not mean anything.

I had no struggle with the way I need to play, I already played Monster Hunter games Solo on very hard difficulties, this game is a piece of cake compared to the often times very disgusting hitboxes of Monster Hunter bosses. Im well prepared for difficult gameplay.

But after some more solo and party play, I realized 2 things:

1. There are 2 or 3 EXTREMELY unbalanced bosses in the first town area. Especially the Joker that throws bombs or dynamite, can literally oneshot you on hard and manic. (6000 dmg in one bomb, needs to be fixed) Other bosses on Manic hit me multiple times and dont even kill me.

2. Party play, especially with a Stella is SO FUCKIN EASY lmao. You can just duo and not have a single care in the world while just button mashing through any difficulty.

And yeah, after I tweaked my gear a bit and played a bit more, it got a lot easier. Now I dont have any struggle at all. Solo is fun and challenging and is fair in terms of difficulty, but some bosses really need to be adjusted.

Edited once, last by Selkedoom ().

• Like with EME's NA & EU release of Kritika not long ago, the stats of mobs in this version are higher than those in other versions, it's just not as extreme of a boost as it was for Kritika. What makes this especially rough early on is that you have few skills, and you're only just starting to gear up, so may have little in the way of armour. Then some characters have an easier, to much easier time of things, as for instance Stella has more range on many attacks, and it isn't too long before she gets some good super armour destroying skills, while other characters like Lily, or Haru need to get closer, and it could be longer before they get a more complete skill set. Also it's more the special attacks that get telegraphed, but all super armoured mobs, and bosses really have earlier on are normal attacks, yet those hit as hard as special attacks, which doesn't help new players any.

Around the start of EME's release of Kritika, there were people going on about how great it was that the game was changed to be so "hard," when all they did was add artificial difficulty. Then when they applied the very same changes to at the time end-game content, that didn't have such changes made to it yet, those same people that said such changes to levelling content was great, flipped out, and demanded that the end-game content be changed back. If you look at EME's release of Kritika now, it's pretty empty, part of that is due to the over tuned mobs.

SoulWorkers being so hard on new players, could turn many, to most of them off, since this release is still new, it's still enjoying a high player volume, to the point that the NA servers are having issues due to it. Although by around the end of the month, we'll see a lot less people playing, and keeping new players when the game is so hard on new players will continue to be difficult. Toning down the content, or at least the bosses in the first town would be a good idea for the long term health of the game.

Oh, I played Kritika as well, grinded to max level. Was rather easy at the beginning (unlike this game lol), but then ramped up quickly, but I very much enjoyed the challenge on the way to max level. Unfortunately I stopped playing it when I realized that it was basically forcing me into party play, which I hated in that game, to be able to get the gear for the true end game content.

This game on the other hand is quite difficult on solo play, even on normal. But after some more time spent on the game, I realized that my problem is not my problem, but the game being very badly balanced in some regards. Some bosses in the first area are actually broken. A Level 10 hard boss can literally one shot me with a not indicated basic attack, a party I played with later, confirmed my thought and agreed on my assumption. After that boss, I found myself having a rather easy time again and noticed that the game is normal-hard in terms of difficulty overall, but some bosses are just broken. Level 12 Manic boss attacked me 5 times and didnt even kill me lol. Unfortunate job by the balance team, but what can you do, I hope the PvP will be much cleaner.

• I agree the game is a tad bit difficult. Especially compared to the JP server. But, that's what keeps me playing. There's a certain high you get from being able to successfully do something that is difficult. That high is further increased when you're running with a party that is relying on you to complete that hard difficulty because they're unable to do it themselves and they praise you in the end.

IMO, that's the point of a game. To provide a short term feeling of accomplishment by airing the illusion that you're working towards something through trials and tribulations with goals that are hard to achieve but manageable. And personally that's what's keeping me playing currently.

• Normal mobs can't do anything while you hit them.

Elites with Super Armor usually stay separated so you can fight them one by one +/-. Nothing special.

Bosses absolutely manageable once you've learn their attack patterns and animations even on manic solo.

Everything lower than Manic is walk in the park.

Xzrz6va.png