Brooch guide

  • Basics about Brooches


    Brooches are items that you can equip into costumes. You can equip brooches into:

    - Hat costumes

    - Top Piece costumes

    - Bottom Piece costumes

    - Gloves costumes

    - Shoes costumes


    Brooches can be divided into:

    - Types (Attack/Defense/Utility)

    - Sets (SD/BSK/FOT/ASN)

    - Rarities (Bit/Kilo/Mega/Giga/Tera)


    To equip a brooch, find a costume with open brooch slots and right click the costume, then select Brooch Management option. A new window will open. Drag your brooch from inventory into an open brooch slot to equip it on the costume. You must equip brooches in order of Attack Type first, then Defense Type and lastly Utility Type.


    To unequip a brooch, you must purchase an item from cash shop, then right click your costume to open Brooch Management and right click on an equipped brooch. You can also obtain this item from leveling rewards, attendance or in-game events.


    Costumes can have up to 3 brooch slots. All Item Mall costumes have 3 slots. Costumes crafted in-game usually have less brooch slots, or have some of the brooch slots locked. You can buy an item from Item Mall to unlock those locked brooch slots.


    While leveling your character, don't worry about brooches or costumes. You won't need to use brooches until you reach level cap. When you're capped, try to look on the market for cheap costumes with 3 brooch slots, or simply buy some costumes from Item Mall. At first, try to buy cheap Mega brooches just to get some set bonuses, then slowly work your way up to getting Giga or Tera brooches with good stats.



    Brooch Types


    Brooches come in 3 Types:

    - Attack Type

    - Defense Type

    - Utility Type


    Each costume can only equip one Attack Type, one Defense Type and one Utility Type brooch. You cannot, for example, equip two Attack Type brooches on one costume. You also have to equip brooches in a particular order: Attack Type in the first slot, Defense Type in the second slot, Utility Type in the third slot. You cannot equip Defense Type brooch if you haven't equipped Attack Type brooch first, and you cannot equip Utility Type brooch if you haven't equipped Defense Type brooch first.


    Each Type of a brooch contains 15 brooches with different stats (with the exception for FOT brooches, which have only 10 brooches with different stats for each Type). I'll be listing the brooches with useful stats later on in the guide.



    Brooch Sets


    Brooches come in 4 Sets:

    - Standard (SD)

    - Berserker (BSK)

    - Fortress (FOT)

    - Assassin (ASN)


    At the beginning of the game, you'll only be able to obtain Standard (SD) brooches. Later on, the rest of the sets will become available. Assassin set is planned to be released in 2018 in KR server.


    Brooches from each set have different stats and different set effects. More info on that in a later part of the guide.



    Brooch Rarities


    Brooches come in 5 Rarities:

    - Bit (green)

    - Kilo (blue)

    - Mega (yellow)

    - Giga (red)

    - Tera (purple)


    Bit and Kilo brooches can be obtained from basic Brooch Cubes obtained while leveling or purchased from S-Coin NPCs.


    Mega, Giga and Tera brooches can only be obtained from the cash shop Brooch Cubes. You can get some of those premium Brooch Cubes from in-game login rewards or events.


    Brooches of higher rarity have better stats. The chance to obtain the highest rarity brooches is very low.


    Equipping 3 brooches from the same set and of the same rarity on a piece of costume will grant you a brooch set bonus.


    Set bonuses depend on:

    - Costume piece (hat/top/bottom/gloves/shoes)

    - Brooch set (SD/BSK/FOT/ASN)

    - Rarity (Bit/Kilo/Mega/Giga/Tera)



    Recommended Standard (SD) Brooches


    There are 15 different SD brooches for each Type. I'll only mention those that are good.


    Attack Type SD brooches:

    - Melter - increases Penetration (up to +5%)

    - Burrow - increases Damage on Bosses (up to +2%)


    Defense Type SD brooches:

    - Nautilus - increases Damage Reduction from Bosses (up to +5%)

    - Barrier - increases Damage Reduction (up to +2%)

    - Injure - increases Critical Resistance (up to +5%)


    Utility Type SD brooches:

    - Swift - increases Movement Speed in combat (up to +5%)

    - Adamant - gives Super Armor (up to 6 seconds) with 20% probability when hit by enemies

    - Enlighten - decreases Cooldown (up to -10%) with 2% probability when using a skill



    Recommended Berserker (BSK) Brooches


    There are 15 different BSK brooches for each Type. I'll only mention those that are good.


    Attack Type BSK brooches:

    - Melter - increases Penetration (up to +5%)


    Defense Type BSK brooches:

    - Nautilus - increases Damage Reduction from Bosses (up to +5%)

    - Bluff - increases Critical Damage (up to +400) for 5 seconds with 30% probability when hit by enemies

    - Raging Fury - increases Attack (up to +180) for 5 seconds with 30% probability when hit by enemies


    Utility Type BSK brooches:

    - Swift - increases Movement Speed in combat (up to +5%)

    - Adamant - gives Super Armor (up to 6 seconds) with 20% probability when hit by enemies

    - Frantic - increases Attack (up to +350) for 5 seconds after killing an enemy

    - Feel - decreases Defense of next enemy you hit (up to -16%) after killing an enemy

    - Heaviness - increases Critical Damage (up to +1000) for 5 seconds with 3% probability when using a skill

    - Fever - increases Attack (up to +450) for 5 seconds with 3% probability when using a skill



    Recommended Fortress (FOT) Brooches


    There are 10 different FOT brooches for each Type. I'll only mention those that are good.


    Attack Type FOT brooches:

    - Bunker Buster - increases Penetration (up to +5%) and decreases Evasion by -45

    - Barista - increases Penetration (up to +5%) and decreases Accuracy by -45

    - Dominator - increases Critical Rate (up to +5%) and decreases Evasion by -38


    Defense Type FOT brooches:

    - Unjustice - increases Critical Resistance (up to +9%) for 10 seconds when HP under 50%


    Utility Type FOT brooches:

    - Recon - increases Attack (up to +80) for 5 seconds with 10% probability when hitting enemies

    - Snipe - restores SG (up to +15%) with 10% probability when using a skill

    - Tactics - increases Attack (up to +120) for 5 seconds after killing an enemy



    How Brooch Stacking Works


    You might wonder what would happen if you had the same brooch equipped on multiple pieces of your costume? Would their effects stack or not? The answer is - it depends if you're dealing with brooches that rely on probability (for example, brooches that activate with 20% chance when you are hit by enemies) or brooches that don't rely on probability (for example, a brooch that always gives you a stat increase).


    1. Brooches that do not rely on probability - their effects stack with each other. A few examples:

    - Having 3 Tera Melter brooches equipped (+5% Penetration each) will give you a total of +15% Penetration

    - Having 3 Tera Frantic brooches equipped (+350 Attack each for 5s after killing an enemy) will give you a total of +1050 Attack for 5s after killing an enemy (duration of the effects doesn't stack)



    2. Brooches that rely on probability - each one of those brooches will act independently of each other. Their activation chances or effects will not stack. A few examples:

    - You have 2 Tera Adamant brooches equipped (Super Armor for 6 seconds with 20% probability when hit by enemies). Each time you get hit, there's 36% chance that you'll receive Super Armor for 6 seconds and 64% chance that you won't receive any buff. It can be calculated:

    a) chance not to get any buff = 80% (chance that 1st brooch will not activate) x 80% (chance that 2nd brooch will not activate) = 64%

    b) chance that at least one brooch will activate = 100% - 64% = 36%. In this example, it makes no difference if only 1 brooch activates or both brooches activate, as Super Armor activated twice still results in Super Armor.


    - You have 2 Tera Bluff brooches equipped (+400 Critical Damage for 5 seconds with 30% probability when hit by enemies). Each time you get hit, there's 9% chance that you'll receive +800 Critical Damage for 5 seconds, 42% chance that you'll receive +400 Critical Damage for 5 seconds and 49% chance that you won't receive any buff. It can be calculated:

    a) chance that both brooches will activate = 30% (chance that 1st brooch will activate) x 30% (chance that 2nd brooch will activate) = 9%

    b) chance that only one brooch will activate = 70% (chance that 1st brooch will not activate) x 30% (chance that 2nd brooch will activate) x 2 (reverse scenario) = 42%

    c) chance not to get any buff = 100% - 9% - 42% = 49%



    Brooch Synthesis


    It's possible to synthesize your brooches to receive a new brooch. There are 2 different items used for brooch synthesizing. The first item can synthesize Bit and Kilo brooches and can be obtained from S-Coin NPCs in all towns, daily attendance, leveling rewards as well as events. The second item can synthesize Mega, Giga and Tera brooches and can be obtained from Item Mall, daily attendance and events.


    To synthesize brooches, right click and use the item required for synthesizing. This will open a new window. Drag 5 brooches from your inventory into the new window, then click on the confirmation button. You will receive 1 brooch at random. Most of the time the new brooch will be of the same rarity as brooches you used for sacrifice. There is a small chance that you'll receive a brooch of one higher rarity than the brooches you used as sacrifice.



    A Few Points About Brooch Synthesis


    1. The brooch from synthesis will be of the same Set (SD/BSK/FOT/ASN) as the brooches you used for sacrifice. It's recommended to use 5 sacrifice brooches of the same Set. I haven't tested what happens if you use brooches from different Sets in synthesis. You'll probably get one of the Sets at random, or get the Set that had the majority of brooches.


    2. The brooch from synthesis will be one of the Type (Attack/Defense/Utility) as the brooches you used for sacrifice. If you want to receive a specific Type, then you should use 5 brooches of that Type in synthesis. If you use brooches of multiple Types in synthesis, then you'll either get one of the Types at random, or get the Type that had the majority of brooches.


    3. Even if you synthesize, for example, 5 Giga Melter brooches, the brooch you'll receive will still be a random Attack Type brooch. There is no way to force the synthesis to give you a specific brooch from the Type you want.


    4. It's recommended to use 5 brooches of the same Rarity (Bit/Kilo/Mega/Giga/Tera) in synthesis. If you use, for example, 4 Mega and 1 Giga, you'll most likely receive a Mega brooch all of the time.


    5. The chances of receiving a Giga brooch from synthesizing 5 Mega brooches is low. The chances of receiving a Tera brooch from synthesizing 5 Giga brooches is very low.



    Brooch Set Bonuses


    To get a brooch set bonus, you must equip 3 brooches of the same Rarity and the same Set on a piece of costume. For example, equip 3 Giga Berserker brooches on your Shoes costume to receive a +1350 Critical Damage bonus. You can see your set bonuses by pressing U in-game, then navigating to Costume tab and placing your mouse cursor on the piece of text in bottom-right part of the window.



    Hat Mega Giga Tera
    SD Attack +3%
    Evaded Attack Damage +3%
    Attack +4%
    Evaded Attack Damage +4%
    Penetration +1%
    Attack +5%
    Evaded Attack Damage +5%
    Penetration +2%
    BSK Attack +5% Attack +8% Attack +11%
    FOT Critical Resistance +6% Critical Resistance +8%
    Critical Rate +1%
    Critical Resistance +10%
    Critical Rate +3%




    Top Mega Giga Tera
    SD Defense +15%
    HP +12%
    Defense +20%
    HP +16%
    Defense +25%
    HP +20%
    BSK Critical Rate +3%
    Critical Rate +4% Critical Rate +5%
    FOT HP +6% HP +8%
    Defense +50
    HP +10%
    Defense +100




    Bottom Mega Giga Tera
    SD Evasion +30
    Critical Resistance +3%
    Evasion +40
    Critical Resistance +4%
    Damage Reduction +4%
    Evasion +50
    Critical Resistance +5%
    Damage Reduction +5%
    BSK SA Break +8%
    SA Break +12% SA Break +16%
    FOT Defense +300 Defense +500 Defense +750




    Gloves Mega Giga Tera
    SD Stamina +11
    Attack Speed +3%
    Stamina +14
    Attack Speed +4%
    Movement Speed +3%
    Stamina +17
    Attack Speed +5%
    Movement Speed +4%
    BSK Attack Speed +3%
    Movement Speed +3%
    Attack Speed +5%
    Movement Speed +4%
    Attack Speed +6%
    Movement Speed +6%
    FOT Defense +100 Defense +250
    HP +3%
    Defense +500
    HP +5%




    Shoes Mega Giga Tera
    SD Accuracy +30
    Critical Damage +800
    Accuracy +40
    Critical Damage +900
    Critical Rate +1%
    Accuracy +50
    Critical Damage +1000
    Critical Rate +2%
    BSK Critical Damage +1000
    Critical Damage +1350 Critical Damage +1700
    FOT HP +2500 HP +5000 HP +8000

    Edited 3 times, last by Ice ().

  • Wow Ice! I won't spam you on all your guides, but you've done some excellent work!

    Thank you for contributing to the community!

    ..She threw away all of her masks and put on her soul..

  • Updated the guide with brooch synthesis information.


    Completely forgot about it before, lol.

    How much is it going to cost me full Tera?

    Probably like 2-4bil zenny once the market gets out of its infancy lol.

    If you prefer cashing out, then it depends on how lucky you are. Not cheap though.


    Edit: to avoid double-post, gonna write it here. Corrected info about how to remove brooch. Got it confused before with item to remove socket items on gear.

    Edited once, last by Ice ().

  • nice guide it really is wish there was a post or area that had all the guides you made in 1 spot so could see them in 1 place that be nice to but over all each guide really nice work on them Ice your doing a great job<3<3<3<3 Hearts For You

    xeno.jpg

    Edited once, last by Xenovia ().

  • Where is the best places to drop SD , BSK and FOT brooches ?
    BSK brooches drop sometimes in Grace raid , SD in 2 first raids and the last one ?
    And where you finding them mostly ?

  • Where is the best places to drop SD , BSK and FOT brooches ?
    BSK brooches drop sometimes in Grace raid , SD in 2 first raids and the last one ?
    And where you finding them mostly ?

    SD brooches dropped from every dungeon bosses, best place farming those is Last Carnival and Junk Hive.

    BSK brooches dropped from elite/boss in Bandit Highway and Iron Castle.

    FOT brooches are not yet released.

  • I just used 3 mega brooches on my top and supposedly got my set bonus for 15% defense and 12% hp. My hp did go up a little, but my defense did not change at all! Can anyone explain why?

  • Why are some ppl have this smoke effect? Is this a thing brooches do?

    Yes. When you have a brooch-set of Mega or higher brooches equipped on one of your pieces, you can choose a visual effect in the fashion-tab to show on your character. SD-Brooches have little glowing orbs showing up randomly over your character. The Aura-Effect you're talking about is from BSK-Brooches. The color of the effect depends on the rarity of the brooches.