Is soloing viable anymore? :: Post 19/04/18 Update

• [EN] Candus

I've played through SoulWorker entirely solo with two characters, Haru, 55; Lily, 51. Following the latest update, is soloing viable anymore? What content has become impossible or increasingly more difficult to solo, thus forcing me to group?

I've found myself unable to solo Junk Hive as the mobs refuse to chase, instead remaining aggro'd—for the most part—on the 4 devices. I've not attempted Last Carnival/Bandit Hive, and I don't have access to Iron Castle.

I was under the impression the entirety of SoulWorker was soloable, and after watching content of later raids it seemed to hold true. The ability to solo SoulWorker was one of its selling points for me, after all I'm a predominantly solo player—in an MMO? Indeed!

• Everything is soloable from lvl 1 to 55, tho you might have an easier time in certain manics with a group

Raids were soloable, well technically still are but since last weeks patch+ yesterday they increased the difficulty like your example mobs not aggroing you

So you "can" still solo raids(JH seems like a big nono unless you got the golem akasha maxed out at lvl3)But I do not recommended it all

Stop Nerfing drops ffs

• Refer to my response to the above person's post in the aforementioned thread. :^)

This game is soloable, and reasonably so, up until GC/primal. Those two are soloable but it's not an easy feat nor practical to do.

• Bonuses in groups are 7% EXP and 15% drop last time I checked. Absolutely not important. The nice thing is, that the agro isn't on you 24/7. The bad thing is mobs are getting much more tanky. In general...

• Try to find a group if someone is in queue or a friend.
    • If team members die and don't resurrect, soloing is preferred.
    • If it takes to long to find a group, go solo. No point in waiting 5 minutes for a group.
    • If it's to hard first try to git gud, improve gear if possible otherwise and as last option look for a group.

Of course if you prefer socializing you... should find a guild.

• I've found myself unable to solo Junk Hive as the mobs refuse to chase, instead remaining aggro'd—for the most part—on the 4 devices. I've not attempted Last Carnival/Bandit Hive, and I don't have access to Iron Castle.

Junk Hive is afaik the only raid currently that's basically impossible to solo without very good akasha-cards to help you get through defending the pylons. The other ones are reasonable. So yeah, other than JH, soloing is still viable.

• Gameforge, please listen. (Long post)

you need the highest of the high gear, akashas etc to even stand a chance and if we're being honest, without that, a team to separate aggro so you don't get XD'd by 6 ranged stun attacks and to deal damage that is reasonable.

You need Level 49 Jewelery. That's it.

Running an overall MEH 55 set (armor/shoulders +6, BloodWW+7) on Lily I'm able to clear all of the Raids without much trouble.

JH is annoying as ** - still manageable but I tend to spam LC anyway due to my limited playtime.

I dont run ANY decent Akasha - 5 Passives.

In LC I usually dont need a SINGLE Pot.

So yeah - you have to adapt a little to be able to actually solo everything - but if you do you will encounter little to no problems.

• You can only solo raids if you are already decked out from head to toe, and even then you will need a ton of healing. Even if you manage to, you will still be 50% slower than in a group. And have less item drops. And Iron Castle is barely doable solo at all, because you will have to nuke elites and mobs, before they can destroy the payload. And Bandit Highway still requires you to activate pillars, while stuff is shooting at a random team member.

So as a challenge, it's doable. However, there is absolutely no point to it.

• you will still be 50% slower than in a group.

So as a challenge, it's doable. However, there is absolutely no point to it.

Thats not correct. Mobs and bosses scales really hard as soon as you enter with a group of 3+ ppl.

If you join a random mediocre group you will most likely always be slower.

The fastest and most efficent way is doing them solo or duo.

• I'm able to clear all of the Raids without much trouble.

So you are casually farming the revamped JH with average gear and only passive akashas just like that?

Damm, I guess I need to git gud.

I tried it with +4 weapon and average gear in a video for revamped JH in my sigature, not too bad. I probably wouldn't spend the effort running it with that gear, but with soulstones and a higher + weapon its easy to clear. Rather play in a party though for quicker times & the drop rate increase.

• I probably wouldn't spend the effort running it with that gear, but with soulstones and a higher + weapon its easy to clear.

If you have the akashas for it. Without the golem, I wouldn't recommend it. It might still be possible, but it's gonna be painful.

• The aggro golem doesnt even work the first 2.5 minutes. And after that, its a gamble if he draws the aggro or not.
    Deus Ex Machina is the way to go to make it a lot easier. First cast with 3:05 minutes left, and then everytime it comes off cooldown. While its destroying every thrash mob, focus the big ones and its pretty easy to hold.

• Just talking about my experience which consists of 4 failed attempts with Deus Ex and a first-try success with golem. It's probably possible with enough practice but imo, not worth the effort.