The main characters personalites.

• I am planning to write a Soulworker Fanfic in the near-future.

However, I dont have time to do 4-5 full playthroughs just to check the hero/heroines personality.

Therefore, can I ask for help? Can someone help with putting here main characters personalites? Thank you in advance!:)

• Lily=Edgy

Stella=Kawaii

Haru=Revenge

Erwin=Alpha male

jin=Helpful guy

Based on my playthrough

Edit:This Isn't helpful at all

:lilly2:[Na]Guild:Restart

Account blocked Hoping one day Gameforge will Release the game for all.

• This wiki has a bit of background story thus some insight on possible personalities:
    https://wiki.soulworkerhq.com/w/Lily_Bloomerchen
    When you scroll down you can click on the other soulworkers.

To summon it up tho:

Lily - Was a small little princess type of girl who was adopted into a rich family and LOVED her big brother.
    When her big brother got eaten alive by the void she tried everything she could to save him but it was too late.

This cracked her sanity. Her behaviour is really tsunshun and yangire. She loves tearing shit apart. Her humour is very cold and sarcastic.

Haru - The very helpful and caring older sister type of girl. She went to medical school and was raised by her mother due to

her father passing away in an accident. Her mother has always been very proud and loving towards her so her mother naturally means the world to her. The void torn apart their house and her mother died under the rubble. The incident left her feeling guilty and emotionally overwhelmed so she tends to cry a lot and talk about how unfair things are. (The awakening will change her due to her converting those feelings into an inner power so the speak, like a motivation to destroy the evil)

Stella - She is the youngest soulworker and is still quite a kid at heart which means she is very naive and oblivious to things. She was casted away by the people around her due to them blaming her for the void incident which means she had no one but her imaginary friend, fuu-chan. She is quite the loli little sister type who just likes to mess around, likes cute things, and appears to be often hungry and tired when battling. She is the one soulworker who spend the most in the void (where time passes differently) so she was supposed to be 29 by now.

Erwin - The highschool genius and game creator who got bored of life. Everything was just easy for him and he was looking for more. He loves the ladies and he is hardly ever serious. He acts like it's all a game to him. He went into the void willingly hoping to find an adventure that his usual life could not offer him.

Jin - A very helpful young man who volunteered at a rescue team, aiding those who were looking for shelter after the void incident. He wants to do and help more than everyone else can and is truly bothered by the fact he cannot. He once encountered a mother and her son and told them the shelter would be safe for them but when the void struck the little boy yelled at Jin how he lied and Jin felt so bad about this that he swore to this kid that he would save him. He's definitely your caring older brother type that would be a leader of the group and ensuring everything would go well.

Iris - A rebel type of girl. She was born into a prestigious family. Her parents had her life all planned out and told her she was going to be like her big sister. She doesn't shy away from a fight and so she stuck up for her friend getting bullied by punching the bully. This led to her mother slapping her and yelling at her as to why she can't be more like her big sister and that they didn't raise her like this. She ran away from home on her motorbike thinking she doesn't need them but when the void tore apart her home and her family was nowhere to be found she broke down thinking "Why did this happen to me? What did I do to deserve this?" In the end she had nothing left to lose and decided to go into the void, destroying anyting in her path.

--

I hope this helps a bit.

76561198086826417.png

• One thing to keep in mind about jin is that he was already known as a "hero" before he went into the void. He is well known to some members of the SFL like Seoni. She once mentioned that she was alive due to him saving her parents back then. The other Soulworkers don't really have a recognized background like jin's(As far as I know). Jin was already a hero before any of the soulworkers.

On the side note, to add more into his personalities, he worked mostly in construction he had little to no interactions with woman/girls(normal conversation), so he is often seem as tense when talking to girls quite the opposite of erwin who tries to ask them out. I will add more later on since i actually read most of the story of Erwin, haru and Jins.

Edit: Jin seems to give me gobro(Goro)/speedwagon vibes for some reason, lol. I hope this turns out right if they ever invest into story and character development.

dddd

• Thanks for the information.

As I have played Lilly as a main character, I understand her the best and witnessed her evolution as a character. That's just I wanted to say, Let's go into detail.

That info is highly valuable. It gives me about their personality and their motivations. Cause Soulworker's live with their emotions on their sleeve, that is very important.

Also, it gives me an insight about "The Void" incident that happened 3 months before SW's were sucked in. Question is, is The Void=Great Void, or it was more of what I see, that The Void sucks everyone in and everyone that survives is thrown out by Great Void with an enpowerment upgrade?

Might I ask, assuming all SW's would meet, how would they care for one another?

One thing to keep in mind about jin is that he was already known as a "hero" before he went into the void. He is well known to some members of the SFL like Seoni. She once mentioned that she was alive due to him saving her parents back then. The other Soulworkers don't really have a recognized background like jin's(As far as I know). Jin was already a hero before any of the soulworkers.

On the side note, to add more into his personalities, he worked mostly in construction he had little to no interactions with woman/girls(normal conversation), so he is often seem as tense when talking to girls quite the opposite of erwin who tries to ask them out. I will add more later on since i actually read most of the story of Erwin, haru and Jins.

Edit: Jin seems to give me gobro(Goro)/speedwagon vibes for some reason, lol. I hope this turns out right if they ever invest into story and character development.

This is another piece of crutial information! As Jin seems to be already known on the society of SFL, this can mean that either He'll appear in the story as a leader of the ragtag bunch of misfits OR as a High Command member which might leave him quite unhappy, as he wants to be out there helping, NOT sitting in the HQ.

Also, noted a possible confilct between Erwin and pretty much every other SW(As the rest are girls and Jin is a chaste hero type.)

It might not be helpful but you said an interesting note. Haru and revenge? I understand that she lives with heavy gulit over loss of her mother just as she passed medical school (speaking of which, how ironic is that she has NO HP recovery skills, even a self-sustain one, despite having a medical degree), but an outright revenge? Can you go into more detail?

It might not be helpful but you said an interesting note. Haru and revenge? I understand that she lives with heavy gulit over loss of her mother just as she passed medical school (speaking of which, how ironic is that she has NO HP recovery skills, even a self-sustain one, despite having a medical degree), but an outright revenge? Can you go into more detail?

The vengeful Solum was intentionally transformed into a more kind and humble sort of character in order to be more appealing to the audience. I don't remember exactly where I've read this, but yeah, it's a thing. Haru is actually vangeful at heart.

Du2olA5.jpg

• About Haru,in some of her Ruin Fortress dialogues it seemed to me that she just decided to not care about anything anymore and just get out there and fight to forget about what happened to her.It may be that i misunderstood them,but they gave me those feelings.

So yeah,i second that "haru = revenge" thing,afterall she does want to chase Henry during all of Grace City (don't know if it's the same for other chars,but she REALLY presses on finding him,even at the end)

• (heeey another person planning on writing a fanfic!)

NOTE: My post may contain minor spoilers, I'm avoiding any major storyline-changing events but I'm not making any promises.

I'll list my interpretations of each character we have so far, but I think it's worth noting that some of my interpretations (especially of Lily) seem to be kind of uncommon. (Honestly with Lily that could be because I have a mental disorder that actually makes her kind of a relatable character for me, minus the constant desire to fight everyone and everything... but that's neither here nor there.) Also I don't know much about Iris so I'll definitely be watching this thread to learn more about her.

Lily: The character I know the most about as she's my main and the only character I've finished the storyline on. I actually don't see the "yandere" interpretation of her, it doesn't make much sense to me (at least, not going by the strict "in love with one person and willing to kill anyone and everyone else" definition of Yandere). Tsundere I can definitely see though. Lilly is definitely driven by her insanity a lot but doesn't (usually) want to hurt or kill people, and though she occasionally meets someone she would like to have polite/casual conversation with, she doesn't really obsess over any one person. She also has a bit of a complex regarding her own humanity; she views herself as a weapon at best and a beast at worst, and says as much at various points. (Worth noting that she seemed to go from viewing herself as a weapon to viewing herself as a monster after Candus.) The emotion/concept that drives her is definitely insanity and it's clear from very, very early on. (I could keep talking but I feel like you probably know a lot about Lily since you mentioned she's the character you're playing.)

Haru: At first, seems to be very shy, anxious, and overwhelmed. (Honestly from what I've seen this might stick around until her advancement, I'm only in Candus on my Haru though.) Also has self-esteem issues and seems to be afraid of people potentially being angry with her (one of my favorite lines in her story so far is when Luke tells her that Shade wanted to talk to her but seemed angry, so Haru goes to talk to Shade and immediately starts apologizing and sobbing, and Shade responds like "...Haru, where did you put your self-esteem, I'm not mad at you"). But it also becomes clear around the end of Rucco that she definitely has a vengeful streak. When she finds the soldier that had cotton stuffed into him to torture him, and fails to save him, she gets really, really angry. Like, you know how Lily's eyes start glowing when she's excited in battle? Haru's eyes start glowing at that point and she more or less goes "I will destroy you Edgar". So yeah. Vengeance is the guiding emotion/concept for Haru, though it's not as obvious early on.

Stella: Honestly probably the most interesting character in my opinion, as much as I love Lily. While she is definitely more cheerful on the surface and likes food, and is very much still a kid, her guiding emotion is depression. On top of that, she can see ghosts and spirits, including one ghost (the "Old Man") who possesses her. That ghost is very protective of her, to the extent that there are parts of the storyline that he takes over completely so that Stella doesn't have to see what's happening. (Stella then seems to have no idea what happened while she was possessed.) Her depression comes from the fact that she was an outcast even before the Void happened, and it's also worth noting that she walked into the void because she thought that if she disappeared, it would fix everyone's problems. Which is a line of thought that has led to suicide. So... there are definitely hidden depths to explore with Stella.

Erwin: Honestly, at first I disliked Erwin, mostly because arrogant guys really irritate me in fiction and in real life. But I have a friend who absolutely loves Erwin, and with her help I've been kind of able to get a more rounded image of him. Erwin is still pretty narcissistic and arrogant, but he does have a caring streak, and genuinely wants to protect and help people. His guiding emotion is fun (though for a long time I thought it was curiosity; both make sense for him to be honest). Erwin is also very intelligent, especially with technology, which makes sense since he was an app developer. He flirts with basically every woman he lays eyes on, unless she's too young, but also has enough respect (usually) to recognize when to back off and be more serious.

Jin: I still don't know as much as I'd like to about Jin, but from what me and my friend (who is currently trying to decide whether to main Jin or Erwin and loves them both) have gathered, he is very down-to-earth and humble. He became known as a hero when the Void happened and was later sucked in by the void when he was trying to save people, but when someone brings it up to him after he falls out, he says he doesn't feel he deserves that praise. In a lot of ways, he's also the polar opposite of Erwin; where Erwin flirts shamelessly with every woman ever, Jin is awkward around women and quick to tell women that he does -not- want a date as respectfully as he can. When he becomes part of the SFL, he starts talking about the terms of employment to various people, expressing concerns about being able to pay for food, housing, insurance, etc. I've heard from others that his guiding emotion is Justice, but I haven't really gotten to a point where that is clear yet (though my friend seems to think it makes sense).

Iris: Like I said, I know little about Iris. You're probably better off listening to other people in regards to her. All I know is that she's rebellious, from a rich family, and her guiding emotion is Rage.

• This is ALL of the information I needed to write a coheisive Soulworker's fan fic w/o going too OoC and have a good quality! If I could, I would give 2 likes! Thank you so much!

• No problem, I'm interested in seeing how it turns out! Haven't checked the fanfic forum for a while but from what I remember, there aren't any in English there. I'm currently planning out a fanfic of my own, though it's not going to be ready for a long time XD Glad I could help though, I'll be watching this thread for any additional information that I might not have known.

• As promised I'll get more into detail into the characters I know which some is information not included in any of the posts. Keep in mind that some of the information is analysis.

Things to keep in mind while reading Erwin: I got very little information to work with why he dislikes money because it was only mentioned once, if not twice through the story. Chloe asked him and he answered in a unsympathetic tone with little to say as if he didn't want to be reminded of that.

Erwin - background: As mentioned above Erwin was a genius in his time, he was known for creating games that were in the top spot for weeks if not months, and he was one of the most influential people in the world(but nobody recognized him through the story). He has very high IQ which was demonstrated through the story and pre-story, and due to that he was able to figure things quicker than others. In his pre-soulworker time, he recognized that the current world is only run by a simple concept: money. The only way to gain recognition(become "someone") was to have money and he intensely disliked that idea. Everyday life was dictated by money. This is how his current world becomes "boring." This could be the main reason why he was searching for the void and directly walked into it; it was his "escape." It is debatable, but I do think he walked into the void as an escapism of the current world who previously failed his expectation of reality.

Erwin - Personality: as mentioned previously he has a very high IQ. Besides his flirting with woman he gives the "intelligent type" persona who only has a few to no friends. We can see this play out because of his current perspective on how see woman and man. He shows his neglect towards man in a destructive manner. He tends to forget their name often, and while in a discussion he always interrupt them verbally by telling them to "make it quick and only talk about important matters." He destroys any possibility of becoming "friends" or someone to talk to. This is his way of showing he has no interest in having any type of relationship with any man other than crucial matters, and he often mentions it through the story and refer to it as an "illness". However, there were some exceptions as he progress through the story. On the other side, he looks in either two ways:"normal" or as a flirt material. If he likes the woman he will flirt with her(Which is almost the case); however, he also mentions that he will stop if she asked him to and will not cross the line. if not, he tries to have normal or friendly conversation. However, he becomes more mature through the story and started to flirt less.

Haru - background: Before the void, she was a normal girl who wanted to help/save people through medication and nursing. She was striving to become a doctor and she even was going to attempt a top university dedicated towards that field. She never had an interest in fighting or any other way to help people other than medication. However, when her mother die due to the void appearing she developed an intense hatred towards it and wanted to destroy it as a "revenge"

Haru - Personality: As mentioned above she is shy, anxious, and vengeful. When she first appeared in rucco, she didn't want to fight and even demanded Seoni that she wanted to become a doctor not a fighter which triggered some negative emotion in Seoni. Haru is one of the only hope to mankind who has the strength to turn table around in a war, yet she wants to be a doctor. Seoni felt irritated at her due to this reason and proceeds to discipline her. As she proceeds through the story I notice that she becomes emotionless due to situations forcing her to live a reality she didn't wish for. She often mentioned at the beginning how she didn't want to fight, yet she still wanted to help people. In the end, she was forced to continue fighting by her own desire to save people since reality neglected her other options. Overall what stands the most out of her personality is vengeful but that mainly because that what drives her soul force. I honestly didn't like her story and isn't interesting but imo. She is pretty much a girl who wanted to become a doctor but ended being a fighter by force.

Jin - Background(incomplete): Jin used to work in construction as you can tell by his physique. He didnt have much interaction with woman, his life mostly consisted of work, voluntary service, and eating. He used to work a lot, even overnight. He has a passion to help and save people regardless of the situation which is why he jumped into the void to rescue them. You could argue that he went into the void not just to rescue people but as a punishment of his helplessness and for deceiving the family that they would be safe even though he thought they would be. Due to his passion he earned respectful recognition from some of the survivors who got to know him.

Jin - Personality(incomplete): Jin is a man who put himself behind others. He chooses to help others regardless of the situation because after all that's his passion and soul force. He is shy and inexperience with woman verbally which leads to misunderstandings in some conversations. Jin is kind, but he can also put a tough persona when needs to and it seems like he mocks his enemies too. I will update jin later, i dont have much info as of yet.

Edit-1: something I notice is Jin's influence is bigger than I thought. Usually at the beginning, you have to blackmail scral, but in jin's story scral would unhesitatingly help jin because of the achievements in the past. He also used to work at a factory that found defective products at everything. Jin worked as a nurse, park-timer, factory, construction, etc... dude did all.

dddd

Edited 2 times, last by Silvery ().

• Stella: Honestly probably the most interesting character in my opinion, as much as I love Lily. While she is definitely more cheerful on the surface and likes food, and is very much still a kid, her guiding emotion is depression. On top of that, she can see ghosts and spirits, including one ghost (the "Old Man") who possesses her. That ghost is very protective of her, to the extent that there are parts of the storyline that he takes over completely so that Stella doesn't have to see what's happening. (Stella then seems to have no idea what happened while she was possessed.) Her depression comes from the fact that she was an outcast even before the Void happened, and it's also worth noting that she walked into the void because she thought that if she disappeared, it would fix everyone's problems. Which is a line of thought that has led to suicide. So... there are definitely hidden depths to explore with Stella.

I think it's important to note here, that Stella does not know about her past. She has amnesia and the old men actively tries to prevent her from remembering. They, as the old men to my understanding is the conciseness of multiple ghosts, will jump in whenever Stella is in danger mentally. They don't really protect Stella from physical harm.

Stella itself is portrait as happy go lucky airhead. You often have the feeling she doesn't understand what situation she is in. Like she thinks she is playing tag with the Blood Soul Workers in Ruin Fortress or haply goes with Catherine into a dangerous area, like they are taking a walk. She also mentions being hungry after finishing a mission quite often.

However, this doesn't mean she is completely unaware. When life is in danger she will try her best to save people. Sometimes in her happy go luck attitude, sometimes extremely serious.

When portraying Stella you need to make a lot of jokes that made a serious situation way less, well.. serious. For example when look for an thief that tries to hide she would refer to this as a game of hide and seek as long as no lives are threatened. However in critical situation she will follow orders without questions or strange annotations.

• Hm... I hadn't thought that Stella had complete amnesia. (Though it's entirely possible that it's clarified later in Stella's storyline than I am at.) I remember a conversation where the old man/men told Benji and Miriam that she didn't remember it but I had assumed that it was something more akin to repressed memories/trauma. It does seem like they do protect Stella mentally, but I think that them protecting her physically as well is a valid interpretation of her character as almost all of her attacks involve the howlers. On top of that I remember seeing a screenshot of some of the things Stella says after a certain character dies, which were along the lines of "Why do I always bring suffering to people I care about", which, while it could just refer to certain events before and including that one, I thought had a lot of echoes with her backstory as well. (Also worth noting I just saw 3 lines of dialogue from her in screenshots, and just knew which mission it was because of the boss it was, with no other context from her storyline, only what I knew from Lily's. So I could be wrong on that.)

That being said, I agree with the rest of your post overall, even though I focused on her depression in my post. I feel that her more happy-go-lucky attitude is the more obvious part of her character (and the one that seemed to have been mentioned the most before my post) so I didn't really go into it, though it is important to keep in mind.

• You get that backstory in Grace City during the story quests of Wolf Cry. Lex turns out to be an schoolmate of Stella, when both were about 15 years old. She want's to tell Stella what happened to her but is interrupted by the old man. Later she decides to keep quite, as requested by the old man. The old man also mentions a few time that it does not what to see this child unhappy.

From that you can assume that the Stella portrayed in the story is not how she was before entering the Void. She must have been way more depressed without her happy-go-lucky attitude .

I don't remember any "Why do I always bring suffering to people I care about" line, but it may have slipped my mind. However, that's really not how she is portrayed most of the time.

• To add on to stella, I just read something(Rocco first part). The ghost is referred as "old man" and/or "everyone." Just like mentioned above, that could be that there is more than "one" ghost that has possessed stella since birth. They also mentioned that they are responsible for Stella's sorrow and they are trying to prevent a "mistake" they did in the past. This could explain why they are refraining her from remembering the past because the past brings her sorrow.

Also, this could also explain why the ghost are "responsible" from her sorrow. If you remember at the beginning, she was a "cursed child" who a brought a proclaimed curse among others that later led to death in the town. The mistake they previously made was that they "brought a deadly curse to others," making stella stand out and accused for it, then hated. Now they are trying to repent their sin by being the savior from her sorrow or increase their survival which I explain later.

Another thing to note, is that stella tends to differ "old man" from "everyone." This could mean that there is a "leader" among the ghosts/everyone inside her. This "leader" could be the one that makes most of the choices. Another thing to note is that the ghosts and stella are one. They could be refraining her from sorrow to avoid them from a possible possibility to cease from reality; if stella dies, they die. They could be doing this protection to increase their survival instead of being on the verge of extinction like previously.

Edit-1: Also, I just noticed something interesting. Stella had the ghosts within her since birth meaning she was already "Special" or had special "powers." Whether this power was possession or anything between the lines, it does still make her an exception, but the thing that surprises me the most is her power post-void. The void didn't actually give her any new power like the other soul workers, but amplified what she currently had; she buffed the ghosts and gave her some control over them.

Just my thoughts.

dddd

Edited once, last by Silvery ().

• Stella had gifts before the void, people blamed Stella for the void. They all claimed that she was the reason for it coming and destroying the whole world. So ontop of being an outcast her entire childhood was severe hatred, repression and general lack of any kind human contact. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t really recall any mention of her family this could just be lack of story and irrelevant. Or it could be that she was born of the ghosts that keep her past away as if reincarnated from the memories that torment her. Even with other characters their family is mentioned so I don’t think it’s the first thought.

As for haru, her revenge is rooted in despair. After her mother’s death from the void she gave up on everything but what made her mother proud of her. A doctor. Once she wasn’t able to help by healing and caring but through killing and maiming her thoughts took over. She only wanted what she could have reasonably, revenge from what took her mother away. This is seen in the same manorism from Henryk.