Posts by Nitros

You should not amuse the daily schedule of people. If you want to base it on something, try to find a case study. Otherwise people will tell you, that you are just speculating.

I personally eat at very irregular intervals and rarely play games at 9 PM. Also, I hate wasting time on cooking. :)

As said, living habits can differ vastly from person to person.

I would recommend you first gather data if the time is even consider inconvenient. The thing is, the way you wrote your first post can be interpreted as selfish. Actually, same with your second one. I am pretty sure that wasn't your intention, but it might be the reason you got the answers you got. This is the internet after all.

Over 1 mill downloads but game never even reached 50k players??

Nobody said the bots didn't count. ;)

Might as well say the data is form this video. A million downloads in the US and Europe within a year doesn't really sound impressiv to be honest. That's what a good game sells in a couple of month. The really good ones in days even.

Anyway... the game still has not solved it's main issues and lives 5 years or more in the past. Sorry, but I would like to play something with modern concepts...

I personally judge a game as "in a bad shape", when no constructive criticism is made anymore. Those who did either gave up or left and the majority of the forum post is either "Meh, everything is bad because nobody uses the magic staff!" or "Your criticism is wrong because I don't like what you said!".

I personally like to ask myself, why does somebody behave like he or she did. Anyway, good luck to you guys. You certainly gonna need it. ;)

So if I "read" the videos correctly...

• New character, that doesn't even have all skills from the beginning
    • Two new dungeons with drops that may not be useful at all, and even if just mean more cash to spent
    • A raid is planed with new endgame gear, which makes me question the relevance of the current one

To be honest that's kinda boring, especially the redoing your equipment part. I will admit however, it's not slow.

The problem is that you have a slow developer on top of a slow publisher. How long did it take to get 4 job advancements out? Half a year? That's like a whole new character with three different job paths having 4 job advancements each. No mater how you put it, you need content to keep people engaged.

If you want to criticize GF it's there lack of communication. They have shown in the past, that they do intent to bringt improvements, however the way they handled it was lackluster to say the least. The biggest mistake was the lack of a proper feedback loop.

That being said, the reason I personally stopped playing was the outdated concept of the game. It relies to much on cs items for progression. And no it doesn't matter to me if you can get it "for free". If almost all ingame drops are designed to be "refined" by cs items, that that kills my fun. Even if I can get the cs item otherwise.

This might have slightly improved nowadays, but unfortunately I had a very bad "experience" with GF in one of their other games, which made me go "nope".

LG needs to developer more stuff faster and GF needs to improve it's customer service and promoting of the game. Just posting patch notes and watching the forum just does't do it nowadays anymore. Expectations of Games have increase drastically. Same goes for the developer. You have to bring some content that makes every player excited to play. A simple job advancements or some short dungeons wont't die the trick. That needs to be a whole region with e.g. a new system, that provides a reason to play said content.

If the game becomes actually accessible and interesting, I might play it again. It has a solid foundation, but that either isn't used or abused for the cash shop.

adding letters to the end of my words is a habit im finding hard to break, and your the only one thats even mentioned it in a negative way(ive actually been told its cute)

Well then let me mention it as well. I ignore everyone who does not put effort into writing something. It's not cute, it's disrespectful to those who have to read it. In a forum there is one simple rule for a text to be recognized: Keep it short and simple.

Anyway, funny how this still isn't fixed. Well, I don't like to deal with games published by GF for a reason...I wouldn't be affected, but still.

On and my theory is that GF is just unable to handle, eh... anything... quickly. In fact I say they are not able to satisfy the expectations of "modern gamers/customers" with their current policies.

Hey, GF zeigt mal Initiative. Das war eigentlich ziemlich gut. Wenn man das noch einmal pro Quartal hinkommt bringt das sogar was.

Die Kritik da oben ist teilweise Unsinn.

• Woher die Vermutung kommt, dass das Editieren das Problem war weiß ich nicht. Ich vermute es war eher der interne Abstimmungsprozess. Da geht i.d.R. die meiste zeit verloren.
    • Das mit dem Eifer wurde jetzt auch schon 100x gesagt. Man will nicht, dass die Spieler schnell vorankommen. Das ist extra so designed worden. Ich gehe davon aus die CS Sachen waren ein Kompromiss mit LG. Immerhin etwas, sie hätten auch ganz nein sagen können.
    • Ich verstehe auch nicht, warum man etwas 10x machen muss? Gibt es da einen Daily Quest? Klar dauert es dann länger, hta aber bestimmt auch keiner bestritten. Wie gesagt, das will man ja sogar.
    • Wenn ich es richtig verstanden habe will LG da einiges Ändern. Natürlich werden sie weder Zeit noch Aufwand in etwas stecken,was eh ausgetauscht wird. Von daher sinnlos sich zu beschweren. Ich kann die Beschwerden verstehen, aber so funktionieren leider einige KR MMOs dieser Art. Ich mag es auch nicht.
    • Da von einer Server Merge gesprochen wurde verstehe ich die Kritik an der Spielzahl nicht. Das Game kann ja totzdem eine gute Zukunft haben, nur die Spieler so aufzuteilen war eine schlechte Idee.
    • Warum existieren Megafone überhaupt? Ich sehe wenig Sinn durch den Server zu brüllen.
    • Der Updateplan steht in etwas in dem Post zu dem Video. Einen exakten wird es nicht geben und ich finde es reichen auch teaser an was gearbeitet wird. Bei einem agilen Management kann man eben zur bedingt sagen was wann kommt. Klar man nimmt sich was vor, heißt aber noch lange nicht, dass man das schafft.

Man mag mir verzeihen, wenn ich irgendwo selbst Unsinn rede. Ich schaue mir aktuell nur an wo sich das Game hin entwickelt und spiele es nicht. Hintergrund ist, dass ich doch relativ unzufrieden mit einigen Elementen vom Design her bin, da besseres gewöhnt. Hauptsächlich EXP und RNG bei Gear bzw. Reward/Effort ratio, sowie einige CS Sachen.

Des Weiteren bin ich aktuell doch recht schlecht auf GF zu sprechen nachdem was sie in einem anderen Game abgezogen haben und immer noch tun.

There is a mistake in that video. It says there is a plan to catch up to KR. That obviously not going to happen, because that is "impossibel".

Mal aus anderen GF Spielen übernommen...

• Hacking
    • Gold Kauf
    • Echt-Geld Handel
    • Modding
    • Rückbuchungen von Zahlungen oder ausstehende Zahlungen
    • Wiederhohltes schlechtes Verhalten

Und so weiter... Kurzum Verstoß gegen die AGBs. So gesehen kann GF machen was sie wollen, was natürlich nicht in ihrem Interesse ist. Solange man nicht negativ auffällt passiert auch nix. In­te­r­es­san­ter­wei­se habe ich GF nur selten Bug-Abuse bestrafen sehen.

I don't think the treat of security issues big enough to make a decision based on just that. As far as I know you also can't just simply switch between steam and standalone. Those are two different accounts.

One thing to consider is the steam update issue. That may not be fixed anytime soon. If it's an issue with the Steam API and they can't find a good workaround GF might not bother at all with it until Valve provides a way to do so. That then exactly the situation I mentioned.

No, if anything it's less secure. Steam simply starts the normal client and adds an overlay. In other words your privacy informations are shared with another company, while everything that's present with the standalone version is still present. Considering you are sharing more data over the internet, there is a wider area to attack from. There is also the possibility of incompatibility causing bugs.

Standalone clients are always better unless you really want the additional features. The developers can't fix bug in the steam API, the third party needs to. Everything they developed them self they can fix them self. Let's say there is an security issue. You would have to wait for an update of the steam API to fix it. Depending on how steam is used one may not be able to update easily. If it's your own code you can do whatever you want, whenever you want.

Something someone has to explain to me about that video...

1. How that can be considered a "Teaser"
    2. Why it is not listed

I have said this in the past, but I do to get the feeling GF is really cares about their games. The most effort put into this was most likely thinking of the headline. If I compare that with some other companies... Well, I guess GF doesn't need to.

I took the freedom to dislike the video. Might as well don't post it at all. :|

I can only tell you what i now form another game, so don't assume it's automatically the same here.

There is a Community Manager, a Product Manager and Portfolio Manager. What a Community Manager does is simply writing reports. Those reports need to be read but together, and so on... I don't think it's hard to image that this is time consuming. In other words, if you complain about something, it goes trough multiple stages and people, who are not even directly involved with the community. You are probably aware of the game Chinese whispers. I assume similar things happen hear.

Next consider what GF is. A company with a lot of games. SW is not the game that keeps them alive. They also have to manage, multiple of them. As such they are using standard procedure for the majority of their game most likely. Now, at least parts of the staff is also handling multiple communities. As such the attention GFr can give to every individual game is less the what a publisher of a single game can. This isn't GFs life line. Additionally, add that multi server nonsense.

Now then, that is a possible nice excuse, but does't solve the problem. Form my point of view over the past years with GF, they simply are not read to satisfied their customers. It seems to me they are some years behind in that regards. Other companies act in a much more modern way, at least it seem that way to me. So we will only see an average performance because that is every GF can do as of now. Unfortunately their is no competition when in comes to such types of games, like you see with some region getting a region block. Only when you have a monopoly you get away with sich things, which is the case here. Otherwise you would simply lose all your customers, but as it stands they only real option is not to play. So GF does not need to care that much, as long as they still print black numbers. However I will still say this: Good games sell better.

While I like the idea, I don't think that will ever happen. You basically go against what LionGames want you to pay for. This is basically asking to give out products for free. I am note supporting such an naiv idea. Please try to refine it first, afterward I may rethink my opinion of this. For example, you may still require a 10~20€ cash shop item to upgrade it once the exp bar is full. Or even multiple depending on the upgrade level.

• Ja, ich möchte nicht etwas grinden nur um auf 55 zu kommen, um dann etwas anderes zu grinden, das erst ab 55 freigeschattet wird.
    • Ja ich möchte nicht auf 55 grinden müssen um einen Großteil der Features freischalten zu können.
    • Ja ich möchte nicht auf 55 die Dungeon noch öfter grinden müssen, nur um einen Drop mit schlechten Stats zu bekommen.

Ja ich bin ein böser Mensch. Ein Game muss muss sich für mich doch tatsächlich belohnend anfühlen sonst spiele ich es nicht.

That is the probably the dumbest thing I ever heard to be honest.

I am sure it's not. Also, watch your languages, I get triggered easy by such rude comments. Especialy because it was just a wild guess.

but the majority just want their bloody +9 perfect tagged stat roll pre-nerfed weapon. And whether it takes 10 WUCs, 1,000 WUCs or 10,000 WUCs

Your are basically saying the prices are that high because whales buy all the supply and money comes form bots. Where is the data to base this statement on? Most of what you say is a theory. You assume there are enough whales and you assume that enough people buy gold to influence the prices that much. How to you come up with this? All you see are listings and that's it. There is no indicator to know who is buying and where the money comes form buying it.

As i said its a theory, not a fact. I have no reason to thrust what you said unless you provide me with the source of your information.

If anything.... they remove WUC from drop pool?

The final boss still seems to drop it:

https://youtu.be/tsJoMduQxwg?t=6m46s

If it's just the WUC, increase their drop rates. Nobody will buy them for 100m if you can get one guaranteed one per endgame dungeon run.

I am still surprised were all that demand for those comes from. Reselling maybe? Goldbots only explain how people can afford that, not why they buy them in the first place.